Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help !!Fetac Module Descriptor Marking Error

• 02-05-2011 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi can anyone advise if they have encountered the marking scheme error on sytems software module level 5/6 is the exam worth 30% or 40% both are mentioned in the module descriptor.

Any advise please!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Wow, they have made a mess of that!

The first section adds up to 180 out of a total of (presumably) 300 which means it is 60% not 70%

The second section has 4 x 40 marks (I don't know what they mean by a total of 100 marks) which is 160, not 120. If it were 120 that would be 40% which with the 60% works. But how many questions have to be answered?

Have I got that right? A couple of glasses of wine isn't helping my maths :D

If its 180 plus 160 thats 340, which doesn't make reasonable percentages, does it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Not familiar with this module, but you should always go by the marking sheet at the end of the module descriptor.

Advertisement