Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenence Grant

Options
  • 02-05-2011 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Will I get my grant for the month of May or is it finished?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭brónaim cád??

Hi,

I hope someone will see this, I couldn't find how to post a new thread , so here it goes.

I've filling filling in all the relevant forms and so on for the maintenance grant '11/'12 and after adding everything up I discovered the my parents' income for '10 was €240 over the special rate grant of around €6,000 which means I will get the normal €3,000ish which is great but obviously the special one would go a lot further! I contacted citizens info and explained the situation but the woman had little to offer.

Does anyone know how I could be entitled to the special rate as I am only like €200 over the cut-off rate. I'm studying teaching in the UK if that makes any odds. Any advice is welcomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Hi,

I hope someone will see this, I couldn't find how to post a new thread , so here it goes.

I've filling filling in all the relevant forms and so on for the maintenance grant '11/'12 and after adding everything up I discovered the my parents' income for '10 was €240 over the special rate grant of around €6,000 which means I will get the normal €3,000ish which is great but obviously the special one would go a lot further! I contacted citizens info and explained the situation but the woman had little to offer.

Does anyone know how I could be entitled to the special rate as I am only like €200 over the cut-off rate. I'm studying teaching in the UK if that makes any odds. Any advice is welcomed.
    The rates are the rates Im afraid

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement