Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bank account no utility bill ?

Options
  • 02-05-2011 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am 18 years old still living at home and want to set up a bank account due to finding a new job but everywhere I go I have been told I need a utility bill which I can not provide any way around this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

afaik you can use your Driving Licence as proof of address and your Passport as ID documentation or for address verification the Bank should be able to verify your address on the Register of Electors (if you are registered to vote)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Chnandler Bong

Did you try Permanent TSB, I had alot of problems trying to set up an account when i was 18 too.

Bank of Ireland, AIB and Ulster bank would not let me open one without a utility bill, but I had no problems setting one up with Permanent TSB.

If you have a passport or drivers license you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

They may also accept a utility bill accompanied with a signed letter from teh person on the bill. I know social welfare accept this so might be worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 carpediem1993

permanent tsb say on their website that they need proof of a utility bill as-well :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

PTSB dong accept driving licence as add verification pps letter or tax credits letter would suffice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Because your 18 you can use your parents utility bill as long as you live there and have the same surname.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

Try Ulster Bank they are a good bank and their document requirements seem fairly straight forward. I would avoid TSB even if they offer to open the account without any form of ID (not saying they would!) - not worth the hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

AIB will accept any govt letter like P60 etc or if you have a credit union a/c they'll accept a statement from there. Or if your on the electoral register they can accept a copy of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

If your working a letter from employer might get you over the line

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

You can ask your doctor for a proof of address letter which basically is a letter signed by your doctor with your name and address on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement