Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Cat - Skerries

Options
  • 02-05-2011 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

A grey and black tabby cat has gone missing in Skerries since Saturday night. Information on where the cat was last seen isn't great. He is from the Mourne View area (the lower area, near the school). We are not too sure how far he has strayed but we believe he may have wandered as far as EuroSpar in Kellys Bay. We believe he may have crossed the field in Mourne View, and possibly the field in Kellys Bay (but may have went the other way and wandered the Selskar Road). As I said we have heard different accounts of where he was last seen and can only piece together what we have been told.

If anyone has seen him it would be greatly appreciated if they please could let me know; he is a much loved family pet and we desperately want to find him.

His name is Stitch, he is a fully grown (6 years old) male tabby cat. Black and grey. Pictures below.

Posters will be up tomorrow over the town.

I would urge people to check their sheds if they are in the areas mentioned as he may have gotten a fright and hidden out of sight.

Thanks.

Poster1.jpg

Poster2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Just an update on where he may have been last seen: We have now been told he may have been in the fields at the back of EuroSpar and beyond. We really don't know for sure where he was, but again would urge anyone who sees him to please let me know.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Seen yr add yesterday and have been keeping an eye out.Hope you find him.

Thanks very much cathy01, really appreciate it. Hopefully the more people keeping an eye out will help us find him.

Just a quick update.

We are still looking for him over a week on.

We got a call from someone who seen the posters around the town; they have seen a cat very similar to Stitch (fingers crossed it is him!) in their back garden recently, in around the Townparks/Newtownparks area, in particular the Brambles area. That would make sense with what we had pieced together, as he may have wandered the other way down the Selskar Road towards that area (we initially thought he went the other way past EuroSpar).

Anyway, I would urge anyone from that area who is reading this to please keep an eye out, and if you could please check your sheds as cats are notorious for hiding in them and then getting locked in by mistake. If he has traveled to those estates he may well be roaming the gardens and could have wandered into a shed.

Thanks to everyone who reads this and keeps an eye out. We were starting to lose hope but that call has lifted our spirits: the fact that he may still be alive and well is a huge boost.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If you can, ask the person who called you to leave some smelly food on a windowsill with the window open when they are home.

By smelly food I mean sardines as the best example, your cat might smell it and be drawn to it. Preferably near a small room like an ensuite.

I'd a cat go missing once and tried this and he arrived back when he was hungry to my house, so try it yourself as well.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    If you can, ask the person who called you to leave some smelly food on a windowsill with the window open when they are home.

By smelly food I mean sardines as the best example, your cat might smell it and be drawn to it. Preferably near a small room like an ensuite.

I'd a cat go missing once and tried this and he arrived back when he was hungry to my house, so try it yourself as well.

Best of luck!

We actually ended up calling in to the persons house, and they were more than happy to put some cat food in their shed in the hopes of luring him there and then ringing us straight away. :)

They have a cat themselves so they were really nice and understanding about the whole thing.

We have all fingers crossed now that A) it will work and B) it is actually our cat. Really hoping it's not another cat who just looks similar. :(

Just an update:

We are still looking for him. I know some of the posters around the town have been taken down, but we still haven't found him yet.

Again, if everyone who reads this could still keep an eye out for him it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'll keep an eye out. Hope you find him.

Advertisement