Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tawdy In Royal Wedding Photo

• 02-05-2011 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

You don't need Tawdy to ruin those photos with that little girl in the left corner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Orientation of image: 1
    File change date and time: 2011:05:02 18:22:08
    Image description: The Royal Wedding Group in the Throne Room at Buckingham Palace on 29th April 2011 with the Bride and Groom, TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in the centre.
    Front row (left to right): Miss Grace van Cutsem, Miss Eliza Lopes, HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, HM The Queen, The Hon. Margarita Armstrong-Jones, Lady Louise Windsor, Master William Lowther-Pinkerton.
    Back Row (left to right): Master Tom Pettifer, HRH The Duchess of Cornwall, HRH The Prince of Wales, HRH Prince Henry of Wales, Mr Michael Middleton, Mrs Michael Middleton, Mr James Middleton, Miss Philippa Middleton.
    Picture Credit: Photograph by Hugo Burnand
    Software used: Adobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
    Person who created the image: Hugo Burnand
    Copyright holder: St James's Palace

To the tower! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

I miss the Tawdy pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 catib999

You don't need Tawdy to ruin those photos with that little girl in the left corner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Why were they deleted?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

No idear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

AdMMM wrote: »
    Why were they deleted?!

Probably because of the poor photoshop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

think the hi-lighted text in mike65 post says it all.pity tho,,,any one in power here or clever enough to be able to whizz tawdy off to the queens visit and maybe snap a few select shots of the famous duo together and keep copyright :) il even supply the cider for the big event haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Minstrel27 wrote: »

Yeah will did look a bit like a pompous tit alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Minstrel27 wrote: »

Looking forward to your effort .............. :D

• Advertisement

think the hi-lighted text in mike65 post says it all.pity tho,,,any one in power here or clever enough to be able to whizz tawdy off to the queens visit and maybe snap a few select shots of the famous duo together and keep copyright :) il even supply the cider for the big event haha
    That's the worst excuse ever. Threads like You Laugh You Lose are full of photoshops of the exact same photo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Looking forward to your effort .............. :D

I have no desire to do so.

That's the worst excuse ever. Threads like You Laugh You Lose are full of photoshops of the exact same photo!
    Link please :)

That's the thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055873286

Worth mentioning that I didn't mean the same photo with Tawdy in it, just that people have used the same base photo to add in other characters.

That's the thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055873286

Worth mentioning that I didn't mean the same photo with Tawdy in it, just that people have used the same base photo to add in other characters.

I know you did not mean Tawdy photo but the family shot in general :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,691 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The little girl on the left appears to have some sort of medical issue, or possibly she does not. Either way she is a little girl and would have been thrilled to be a bridesmaid. Apparently the other little girl has eyesight issues.

I think it was a lovely, generous, sincere approach to ask children for their own sake, rather than their superficial decorative value. Though both of them looked charming and behaved as perfectly as you would expect of 3 year olds.

What would you have said if you heard that bridesmaids were only selected on the basis of their physical perfection? Please give a bit of thought to what you are saying, rather than making flip, narrow minded comments.

... Close the thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

looksee wrote: »
    The little girl on the left appears to have some sort of medical issue
    She is Prince William's goddaughter Grace Van Cutsem and doesn't have a medical issue. Maybe you should give a bit of thought to what you are saying, rather than making flip, narrow minded comments?

If you are going to quote me please put in the entire quote. I went on to say'or maybe she doesn't, either way she is a little girl'. How is it narrow minded or flip to say that she appears to have an issue? People do have medical problems, are you saying it is in some way predjudiced to say that, rather than allow someone to dismiss them as visually offensive, as you did?

Has this thread run its course? Since the photos cannot be used for copyright issues, the Tawdy connection is no longer relevant. Therefore they have nothing to do with Waterford.

Has anyone any right to use Tawdy as a source of amusement by putting him into photoraphs anyway? If he were a Boards character or a public figure it wouldn't be a problem, but Tawdy is used as a sort of pet eccentric - no doubt affectionately meant but still, he is not likely to be able to reply.

The only remaining source of interest is the appearance of a child in the photograph. It is difficult to see the point of the many posts that appear on Boards simply to insult people's appearance, usually women. Again, it is a pointless and predjudiced discussion and nothing to do with Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

looksee wrote: »
    If you are going to quote me please put in the entire quote. I went on to say'or maybe she doesn't, either way she is a little girl'. How is it narrow minded or flip to say that she appears to have an issue? People do have medical problems, are you saying it is in some way predjudiced to say that, rather than allow someone to dismiss them as visually offensive, as you did?

Lets not judge a book by its cover!

Who is making judgements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

this is why we cant have nice things

Italic letters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I saw Tawdy on the Tramore Road earlier, he was sitting down and not a care in the world id say!! a car was pulled in talking to him too.

Advertisement