Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any pancake houses in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hookah

Cornucopia, for breakfast; with blueberry compote, and cream, and a little sprig of mint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

Proper American pancakes comes with maple syrup. :D

I'll wait till I get back to the states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 vtsboy

iamstop wrote: »
    Anywhere in Dublin that does good pancakes? Not the crepe type ones but the big fluffy american style?

Good question. There must be one somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Half moon in Temple bar? Not sure if its still there though.

http://www.halfmoon.ie/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Nice pancakes in Moloughney's in Clontarf.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Cafe up stair in Brown Thomas do them at the weekend. Nice fluffy pancakes maple syrup and a side of Bacon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Herb Street down at the Grand Canal Docks do great US Style

http://www.herbstreet.ie/

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Anyone know do Andersons do them? Know they do the crepes.

This thread reminds me of that bit in Talladega Nights!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Actually, isn't there a pancake house in Terenure or somewhere around there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

hobarts in Ranelagh do american style pancakes and bacon... also metro cafe on south william street as far as I remember...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Playoff_Beard

Elephant and Castle do them in the mornings.. maybe a we bit pricier than the other options mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Need an all day pancake place imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Elephant and Castle do them in the mornings.. maybe a we bit pricier than the other options mentioned

They do ... But not on a Sunday because they only do brunch on Sundays and pancakes only appear on the breakfast menu. I speak from bitter experience (I accept this may be a slight exaggeration) as I brought the family in for American style pancakes on Mother's Day to be told that they weren't available. Great to get a list of alternatives, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 myomi

Loving this thread, can't beat a decent fluffy pancake! Having tried all the places above I think Moloughneys do the nicest pancakes.

If you're in the city centre Kilkenny on Nassau Street also do american style with either bacon/fresh fruit salad and cup of tea/coffee for around €7. not a bad deal.Think that's only available until lunchtime though!

The cafe in St Ann's park also has pancakes on brunch menu. Dont know why more café's don't do them,they're a great option for people who don't like a greasy fry up. I've heard there a nice place near drumcondra but I dont know if thats a creperie rather than american style pancake house.

Probably Anderson's, it's a creperie.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I really wish Dublin had an IHOP (International House of Pancakes). They are sheer heaven!!

Sadly IHOP remains limited to North America. Please, please someone get IHOP to come here.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There used to be (maybe 20 odd years ago) a Pancake House place where Paddy's Hostel is now on Beresford place. It didn't really do a lot of business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I really wish Dublin had an IHOP (International House of Pancakes). They are sheer heaven!!

Sadly IHOP remains limited to North America. Please, please someone get IHOP to come here.:D

Why the 'I'?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Queen of Tarts do them on the weekends on the brunch menu. Have yet to try them.

• Advertisement

JupiterKid wrote: »

United States, Canada, Mexico, Guatemala.

Advertisement