Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a weekend in Killiney and surrounds...

Options
  • 02-05-2011 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hi all, my wife and I are off to Fitzpatricks hotel in Killiney next weekend. We are really looking forward to it, the hotel looks lovely.

We will probably eat in the hotel on one night but would anyone recommend a restaurant for the other? Italian or seafood maybe? Also is the hotel far away from local pubs/nightlife?

Any other advice for activities to do during the day in the surrounding areas also would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Ragazzi's in Dalkey village is great. Killiney Castle is beside Killiney Village which only consists of a pub and a shop! Dalkey is the place to go - about a half mile down the hill. There's a choice of pubs and restaurants. Great scenery in the area: www.dalkeyphotos.com

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Benito's in Dalkey can't be beat, Italian

Lots of other pubs and restaurants there also. Mugs coffee shop is really nice.

The druid's chair in Killiney village is a nice little quiet pub

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

If you want to venture out towards dub laoghaire I'd recommend Toscana for Italian

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Daniels restaurant in Glasthule is top notch for food and the service is spot on !

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

sgt.bilko wrote: »
    Daniels restaurant in Glasthule is top notch for food and the service is spot on !

I was just about to say this. I love Daniels, highly recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Activities.... You can rent a boat Bulloch Harbour think its €15/hour. Boat can seat 6 adn life jackets included. Its a motorised grip accelorator engine, so no gears and easy to direct. Can fish off the boat, can rent rods form the harbour itself for €5/7 per rod with line and hooks on it.

There's the Pavillion Theatre in Dun L, google it to see its listings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

So Oakshade how did you get on? Where did you go? What did you do/see?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

So Oakshade how did you get on? Where did you go? What did you do/see?

Hi - yes, meant to get back on this for the record....

On Friday we drove up through Wicklow (other post linked below) and had dinner in the Dungeon restaurant on Friday night (yum) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056256239
    • Sat AM - drove up the Dublin Mountains, went to Johnny Foxes for coffee.
    • Sat PM - lunch in Dun Laoghaire, walk around the harbor/shops etc. Drove around the coast, Bullock Harbor (didn't rent boats, would have liked to but miserable day).
    • Sat Night - Went down into Dalkey, had dinner in the queens steak house (very yum yum), some drinks afterwords.
    Sunday AM - Dundrum Town Center and home.

Overall a great weekend and lovely part of the country - thanks to everyone for their recommendations.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Glad you had a good time:)

Advertisement