Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pelvic pain....

Options
  • 02-05-2011 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

I'm not looking for medical advice - I have already mentioned this to my GP a number of times but she keeps saying it is normal.

But how normal is really bad pelvic pain? Like turning over in bed, getting jeans on, or anything that seems to involve a twist in my pelvis is really sore. I was almost in tears getting on some tights for work the other day.

I'm 29 weeks, its been getting consistantly worse. To begin with it was just when I tried doing something, but now standing & walking, especially stairs, is really sore. If I stand with all my weight on one hip its really sore too.

Maybe I havent impressed on my gp just how bad it is - but she has said that pelvic pain is normal and I should expect that, so I didnt want to seem like a whinger.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Go back to your GP and stress how bad it is. Some pelvic pain during pregnancy is normal but not extreme pelvic pain like it seems you are experiencing. You may need physiotherapy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Pain is pain and if it's that bad you're not whinging. Back to the GP and make sure she is fully aware of how bad it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Nicole22

Definately go back to your GP. Some women need physio for it. I'm getting some pubis pain and pelvic pain in my buttocks but it is nowhere near making me cry. Shes right in that a lot of pregnant women get some discomfort and pain in the pelvis but yours sounds quite severe and like you may need some extra help with it. But apart from it being very unpleasant for you, your baby is fine so dont worry on that end (just in case you were:))

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I read something recently about a pelvic condition that affects some pregnant women.

Here is the article about it (obviously this woman is an extreme example but it affects different people to varying degrees)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/feb/19/spd-pelvic-pain-wheelchair

It says in there:
    "The key message for women is: if you've got joint pains in pregnancy, don't ignore them – and don't let a healthcare professional tell you it's something you've got to just put up with. You don't. These pains are not normal in pregnancy – they are symptoms of a problem that needs treatment."

So I would defiintely go back to your doctor and explain how bad it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Medical advice or possibly diagnosis of medical conditions are not allowed to be given on this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Sorry, I didn't realise that would be considered medical advice :o

Advertisement