Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tesco (?) rush

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Ask the Fermers.

There's a sign that says 'your local tesco will be opening in 10 weeks' up now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Should be interesting in the mornings

AA Roadwatch
    ROADWORKS* * Chapel Green Rd onto Whitestown Rd in Rush will close to facilitate construction works until Wed 19th Oct. Alternative routes will be available. * Park Lane is closed onto Upper Main St in Rush for works until Mon 7th Nov. Alternative routes are available via Hayestown Rd, Old Rd, Millbank and Whitestown Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

well the park road diversion would work fine if people just waited for the traffic lights.

other than that that diversion is not too bad.... however its probably the only choice for that road without having to drive halway to skerries.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'm not very familiar with Rush and the type and quantity of shops there currently. If this is not a Tesco express then I would expect several current shops to close down over the next 2 to 5 years as a direct result of this store.

Whilst initially a good thing for consumers, it will have a negative impact on other traders in the town which will eventually lead to empty units etc.

Obviously this is all just my opinion but based on what I've seen in other towns when a tesco has opened up, albeit a large tesco

This is standard for large stores in smaller towns all around the world. Large company comes in and runs at a loss for a while, wipe out the competition, then prices go up. Wal-Mart are infamous for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

Hi anyone know the contact number to this new tesco and how to apply for job opening, is it a case of drop down and submit cv, or online, hard to find online links.?? Thank you.

Ggirl2010

Drop down where? The building isn't near complete :confused:

Either ring Tesco and get the details or drive by and take note of the details that are posted on the boards around the site.

Khannie wrote: »
    This is standard for large stores in smaller towns all around the world. Large company comes in and runs at a loss for a while, wipe out the competition, then prices go up. Wal-Mart are infamous for it.

How come it got planning then?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ToyotaCorolla

Corsendonk , did you really ask how come they got planning? Im not saying I agree totally with Khannies point but seriously cop on.

Many local people have been refused the opportunity to build a house on their own land or alter their existing home by the council while at the same time developers where given carte blanche to build hundreds of homes half of which sit derelict as we speak -Golden Ridge prime example. When it comes to planning Fingal Council are cowboys

Corsendonk , did you really ask how come they got planning? Im not saying I agree totally with Khannies point but seriously cop on.

Many local people have been refused the opportunity to build a house on their own land or alter their existing home by the council while at the same time developers where given carte blanche to build hundreds of homes half of which sit derelict as we speak -Golden Ridge prime example. When it comes to planning Fingal Council are cowboys

Yes I did, if you have a problem with people asking fair questions move to Syria. My point is people complain about how these supermarket developments wipe out town centres but the planning authorities give them permission all around the world. Why? Are they all corrupt and stupid? Some may be but its because the citizens who complain about them will be found queuing outside Tesco when it opens because they offer what the customer wants. So less of the slander against FCC unless you have some actual information about cowboy practices then I suggest you go to the proper authorities.

• Advertisement

Work in the council do we Corsedonk :rolleyes:

From reading your previous posts in other threads, Id say if Fingal Council allowed a nuclear power station to be erected in Rush you'd be on here defending the proposal to the hilt and telling everyone to stop standing in the way of progress

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Corsendonk wrote: »
    How come it got planning then?

Good question. Surely the people in Fingal who live among us, (I think) would know the effect its going to have on the community. They were hardly driven by the fees from road opening licences?
    Yes I did, if you have a problem with people asking fair questions move to Syria. .
    I tried to ask someone in Fingal about this and got fobbed off, my fault for getting fobbed off..
    My point is people complain about how these supermarket developments wipe out town centres but the planning authorities give them permission all around the world. Why? Are they all corrupt and stupid? Some may be but its because the citizens who complain about them will be found queuing outside Tesco when it opens because they offer what the customer wants. So less of the slander against FCC unless you have some actual information about cowboy practices then I suggest you go to the proper authorities.

While I would not call Fingal corrupt I would question their wisdom in giving planning for this. I really fear for Rush in 5 years time. Khannie I think could be bang on re the Wallmart style of operating and I would worry for the growers who are supplying them at present as to how they will be treated in the long run.

Fully agree with Corsondonk some of the people complaining about them now will be first in the line for special offers. I hope I never have to go in. My wife does the shopping and hopefully she wont go in either!! We dont subscribe to the Syrian way of life so she will decide where she shops!! Once my slippers, paper and dinner are ready for 5.43 every evening!!!!! Thats a joke before you ladies hammer me on here.

From reading your previous posts in other threads, Id say if Fingal Council allowed a nuclear power station to be erected in Rush you'd be on here defending the proposal to the hilt and telling everyone to stop standing in the way of progress

Think whatever you want if you wish to continue the childish personal attacks since it proves you haven't an ounce of proof about your wild accusations.:rolleyes: If you would like to open your mind BBC Radio is running an interesting documentary at the moment about how its so easy for people to be so cynical about politics and how the internet has bred a generation of haters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0150mt8/In_Defence_of_Politics_Episode_1/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Tesco are percieved throughout UK, and |Ireland as a predatory co, in the way they conduct business.

I agree they will open, force smaller shops to close, and them increase prices.

This week they announced a BIG PRICE DROP, claiming an investment of 500M STG

http://www.kamcity.com/namnews/asp/newsarticle.asp?newsid=61736&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+namnews-kamcity+%28NamNews+-+Latest+Grocery+Retail+News%29

in reality they are changing the value of Bonus Points, reducing by 50%, so giving with one hand, taking away with the other.

All Local authorities have rolled over in Planning Applications, thats not to say they are all corrupt, but Development Charges, Fees, donations to local charities and Residents Groups usually carry the day.

Local Managment in Ireland are said to be in turmoil, over business practises, every decision is imposed from UK, ask any supplier who invested, and then lost the business how they work,
    last Xmas they cut the price of Sprouts for xmas by 50%, how .....by taking 50% off the grower, so the biggest market, Xmas , for sprouts was wiped out for growers.
    Ask Dublin/Meath Suppiers who invested heavily, only to loose the Veg Contract, overnight.

And yes, shoppers will queue for bargains, more's the pity.

Ask anyone in Retail what they think of Tesco, and stand well back.

Wild accusations !! Im stating something very obvious im hardly breaking an enron style scandal here!

I notice you didnt answer my question about working for the council or having a vested interest:)

Proof? Contacted your elected officials with your proof/concerns or the garda? Guess not only pub talk and gossip.

You obviously never read my thread on FCC "where did all the money go" Why if I worked in the council would I start a thread titled that and I also was accused in that thread of being too harsh on the council. Come on must try harder or are you working on the principle of slinging enough mud and it might stick ? You do know there is a conspiracey theory forum here perhaps you should move your talents to there.

Wild accusations !! Im stating something very obvious im hardly breaking an enron style scandal here!

I notice you didnt answer my question about working for the council or having a vested interest

Your accusing FFC planning of being cowboys. So no one else was responsible for Goldenridge? I might add whilst not of the value of the Enron scandal its a quite substantial sum of money involved in that site when you add the land price and house prices together. If cowboy practices allegedly happened there it should be the result of an investigation?

What is a vested interest to you? I did earlier state in this thread I did own some Tesco shares but anyone of us that have a pension could be accussed of having a vested interest in companies like Tesco or Shell etc

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi folks - can I just ask for a bit of restraint here. A couple of posts have been a bit heated. Stick to the facts & don't let it get personal. Attack the post - not the poster.

Thanks,

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    Hi anyone know the contact number to this new tesco and how to apply for job opening, is it a case of drop down and submit cv, or online, hard to find online links.?? Thank you.

Ggirl2010

There is an email address on the hoarding facing the church, to submit CV's. Passed it today,

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭SpatialPlanner

martinn123 wrote: »
    There is an email address on the hoarding facing the church, to submit CV's. Passed it today,

This is a press release I got by email. It might be helpful.

News release…..

Date: 29th September 2011

Recruitment open for new Tesco Rush Store

Tesco today announced that its recruitment centre in Rush, North County Dublin is open to applications, with approximately 70 positions to be filled prior to the opening of the new store later this year.

The 70 positions will be based across the store operations and will include General Assistant, Customer Assistant and Team Leader positions. The application process is open to anyone aged 16 or over and will close on October 14th.

The recruitment centre is based in the Community Centre, Main Street, Rush. For further details please contact Tesco Rush Recruitment Centre on 089 4112654 or at tesco.rush@tesco.ie

Ends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 premdelap11

I sent my CV a couple of days ago and I was shocked to get a call back yesterday,The lady on the line asked what hours would suit me and all she also said someone would get back to me.Could this mean that I'm being considered for the job?!

• Advertisement

oh oh oh ... tesco.rush@tesco.ie <tesco.rush@tesco.ie> ill give this email a shot so ... thank you .. did many of you apply... ?? im a graduate myself and need to get workin. graduate jobs so hard to get :confused::confused:

I sent my CV a couple of days ago and I was shocked to get a call back yesterday,The lady on the line asked what hours would suit me and all she also said someone would get back to me.Could this mean that I'm being considered for the job?!

oh , well done.. they told me 2 weeks to get back to me anyways....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

oh , well done.. they told me 2 weeks to get back to me anyways....

Did they reply by email, i emailed cv last night.

newuser89 wrote: »

Hi, no they will call you. Your contact information from your cv .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

newuser89 wrote: »

Hi, no they will call you. Your contact information from your cv .

Ye i got same call there today,there just checking how flexible people are with there hours.

She also mentioned 20 hours upwards at the start i think moving up to 35, i could be wrong. Also there were night shift 11- 7

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Well I had an interesting conversation with someone within the FCC regarding planning permissions etc and approvals not so long ago..It got remarkably heated and then it came to light that this individual had in fact property in NAMA...

Certainly does raise eyebrows...(mine at least!!)

ah ok i see.. She never mentioned to me anything about night shifts.. hmh i wont work these anyway .. , no..

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CooliyoG

Yeah I sent a CV to tesco.rush@tesco.ie 2 days ago. How long was it after you sent yours in before they rang you?

CooliyoG wrote: »
    Yeah I sent a CV to tesco.rush@tesco.ie 2 days ago. How long was it after you sent yours in before they rang you?

About 6 hours later they rang me. Make sure contact info on your cv is correct. No harm in sending them a subtle reminder maby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 CooliyoG

Ye the rang me about two days after I sent it in. Just some basic questions really noting concrete but hopefully I'll at-least get an interview

Advertisement