Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tesco (?) rush

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

hi lads,

i had a interesting telephone call with Fingal council road division last Monday when the road closed first.
    The first guys said there was no plan to close the roads. Nothing. zippa.
    The second guy never heard of it. Asked where. why who was closing the road and ask me to get all them details and ring them back.
    The third guy, after i said i wasn't happy the above answer. Told me that to contact Sheamus Mongan. i'll post number tomorrow. But hes never responded.

I have a sneaky suspision that they have no permissino to close the road and council are turning a blind eye,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

GinjaNinja wrote: »
    hi lads,

i had a interesting telephone call with Fingal council road division last Monday when the road closed first.
    The first guys said there was no plan to close the roads. Nothing. zippa.
    The second guy never heard of it. Asked where. why who was closing the road and ask me to get all them details and ring them back.
    The third guy, after i said i wasn't happy the above answer. Told me that to contact Sheamus Mongan. i'll post number tomorrow. But hes never responded.

I have a sneaky suspision that they have no permissino to close the road and council are turning a blind eye,.

The Fingal Independent had a FCC Road Closure notice about the above road closures in mid Sept edition. FCC as yet have failed to add it to their road closures section on their website. Seems its more a case of the righthand not having a clue about what the lefthand is doing. Not very efficient that 3 of them could not direct you to this information.

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Roads/TemporaryRoadClosures/

EDIT:It took some digging as they didn't have it on the Road Closure page but in the advertisement section but I found a copy of the notice that was in the Fingal Indo.

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Files/Council/TESCO%20RUSH%20060911.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CooliyoG

Okay got a phone call this morning put I wasn't here to take it say my dad took it. It was a woman who told him I was to have a job interview on October 15nth (next Wednesday) in the Bracken Court Hotel in Balbriggan.

The thing is, I don't know if it is for the Tesco in Rush or the one in Balbriggan as I sent a CV in there a while back also.

I'd imagine it is for the one in Balbriggan as I wouldn't think they are conducting interviews for the Tesco in rush at this stage. Was just wondering if anyone got a call for an interview for the Tesco in rush?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

CooliyoG wrote: »
    Okay got a phone call this morning put I wasn't here to take it say my dad took it. It was a woman who told him I was to have a job interview on October 15nth (next Wednesday) in the Bracken Court Hotel in Balbriggan.

The thing is, I don't know if it is for the Tesco in Rush or the one in Balbriggan as I sent a CV in there a while back also.

I'd imagine it is for the one in Balbriggan as I wouldn't think they are conducting interviews for the Tesco in rush at this stage. Was just wondering if anyone got a call for an interview for the Tesco in rush?

I got a call about a hour ago for interview on monday for tesco rush.same place should be fun.she said allow 2 hours for interview.why would it be so long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 premdelap11

newuser89 wrote: »
    I got a call about a hour ago for interview on monday for tesco rush.same place should be fun.she said allow 2 hours for interview.why would it be so long

I got a call on the 1st of October which was a Saturday and I was told someone would get back to me just wondering when you got the first call hope I haven't been forgotten,two weeks would be this Saturday :(

• Advertisement

newuser89 wrote: »

I got a call on the 1st of October which was a Saturday and I was told someone would get back to me just wondering when you got the first call hope I haven't been forgotten,two weeks would be this Saturday :(

i emailed the on the 4th and they rang me on the 6 th askin the questions.then they said it be two weeks before they ring back.so was surprised to get call less than week later

Thanks for the info,they rang me on a Saturday so I'm assuming they might ring again this weekend,I'm in college so they might not think I can take a call during the week:rolleyes:,fingers crossed till the weekend anyway

Ye hope to get this.they keep ringin me when im workin.lucky none the bosses with me when i was talkin hah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

The interviews are taking place in The Bracken Court Hotel in Balbriggan all of next week for the new store in Rush.
    I imagine the length of time people are being told to allow (and the location) is due to the amount of applicants etc.
    Good luck to everyone next week, see yiz there :)

Hi all, Is it possible for them to say they'll call back and not call? its been two weeks now,got the call on the 1st:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

Em the interview in 2 hours long.. why is this . Will it be a case of group /team work and qs , god i hate that. ???

Also , im not sure if they are taking on people that already work, be it part time,full time. So i was told. They will know from your pps number im sure , wouldnt they.

they know i work they asked how much notice would i have to give if i left my current job, so that shouldnt be a problem.
    i was told for tesco in balbriggan there interviews where two hours and were put into groups for some tasks or something.
    wondering what should i wear for this interview ?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    They will know from your pps number im sure , wouldnt they.
    Your PPS Number will tell them nothing about your current work status.

However I would recommend anyone applying for any job makes sure any information on their CV is accurate and complete. You will not do yourself any favours trying to withhold or hide any relevant information, as there are companies that specifically check job applications against information gathered from other sources

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭emma123abc

I got a call from Tesco on Monday asking about work hours etc... and they said they'd ring me again within two weeks. But if they're doing interviews next week, what are the chances they'll bother calling me? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Em the interview in 2 hours long..
    I doubt it. I think that they are telling candidates to expect the whole process to take up to two hours. I doubt very much if you'll be sitting across the table from the interviewers being grilled for 2 hours.
    emma123abc wrote: »
    I got a call from Tesco on Monday asking about work hours etc... and they said they'd ring me again within two weeks. But if they're doing interviews next week, what are the chances they'll bother calling me? :/
    They probably have more than one round of interviews. Hang tight.

So interviews went well today .. :):) .. are they doing interviews next week ????? i thought its all this week.. not sure .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

So interviews went well today .. :):) .. are they doing interviews next week ????? i thought its all this week.. not sure .

It's this week only.
    Glad it went well today :)

sarahbro wrote: »
    It's this week only.
    Glad it went well today :)

yeah.... lol.. good luck to you also sarah.... its grand .. not rocket science .

How long did you have to spare after the group task lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dcdoss

Have my interview tom at the Bracken Court, any advice welcomed? Was it one to one or was it a group interview.Fist time in nearly ten years Ive gone for one so quite nervous... if anyone could give me a clue to what they asked you ect.

thanks a mill

• Advertisement

dcdoss wrote: »
    Have my interview tom at the Bracken Court, any advice welcomed? Was it one to one or was it a group interview.Fist time in nearly ten years Ive gone for one so quite nervous... if anyone could give me a clue to what they asked you ect.

thanks a mill

Its fairly straightforward really.you do a group interview and then do a task within the group which is fun

then ya do your interview with 2 people. One asks qs while the other writes stuff down.

Its not so bad i taught there would be more questions than there was and more in depth but its straightforward

gd luck

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gasher

I had interview with tesco yesterday in ballbriggan,it was the most tedious two hours of my life,if there was an option of a noose i would have taken it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

When's the store opening? I noticed Spar doing a bit of a revamp these past few days. I thought they were just going to roll over and die but from the outside it seems like they're going to try and compete. However without a SERIOUS drop in prices, I can't see that working too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I noticed Spar doing a bit of a revamp these past few days.

I heard a staff member in Spar, saying that the revamp was to incorporate a new coffee shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ToyotaCorolla

heard that too.

Might do well the town is lacking a few coffee shops.

Lets hope spar improve on their services issues , its an awful shop to get served at times.Loads of empty tills while everyone has to get served at the sweet counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

When's the store opening? I noticed Spar doing a bit of a revamp these past few days. I thought they were just going to roll over and die but from the outside it seems like they're going to try and compete. However without a SERIOUS drop in prices, I can't see that working too well.

Tesco is opening on the 28th of this month

Gumble01 wrote: »

Tesco is opening on the 28th of this month

28th of november

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Yeah, more likely 28th of November. I couldn't see them finishing the build and kitting it out in the next 8 days.

Hope it's all worth it in the end, as traffic has been absolute hell in the mornings, due to all of the road closures.
    Chapel green seems to be open again as of today though.
    Every little helps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

In general I agree with you but I have heard 2 people say only in the last few days that Thursday is the day to buy stuff in Spar. They do a lot of Thursday specials, like 2 for the price of 1, 33% extras and 25% off. My wife goes in and reckons if you know what you want and dont just buy for the sake of it there can be good value in it. Supervalue do similar deals but most people (like me) dont have a lot of discipilne when the they go shopping.
    heard that too.

Might do well the town is lacking a few coffee shops.

Lets hope spar improve on their services issues , its an awful shop to get served at times.Loads of empty tills while everyone has to get served at the sweet counter.

Dont like the attidtude of some of their staff who are just plain rude, especially towards older people. Might be lost in the way they speak English but I complained a few times in the past when I saw this happening to my late mother. A few of the old reliables are very nice to deal with and most helpful.
    Hope it's all worth it in the end, as traffic has been absolute hell in the mornings, due to all of the road closures.
    Chapel green seems to be open again as of today though.
    Every little helps

Drove around Chapel green this evening and I doubt if they are finished, unless they are going to resurface the road as it appears like they only roughly covered in where they have been working. It is a disaster driving around the town at the moment.
    At the moment there are roadworks on
    • Channel Rd
    • Sandy Rd
    • Chapel Green
    • The Brook
    • Park Rd
    • Whitestown Rd
    • Kilbush Lane
    Where next?

28th of November I heard is the offical opening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stephaine

Hi just wondering if anyone that went for an interview for tesco in rush heard anything back yet?

Advertisement