Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 caseyjones01

I know Northwest Express are looking for telesales people and I think they are up in Cleveragh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

There are some jobs listed on here:

http://www.sligotoday.ie/details.php?id=13600

The Village Food Fare in Collooney have full and part time vacancies:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Village-Food-Fare/170500679666983

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

It's actually unreal how little jobs there are around.. I am desperately in need of one but there just ISN'T ANY!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

magnumlady wrote: »
    The Village Food Fare in Collooney have full and part time vacancies:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Village-Food-Fare/170500679666983
    Anyone know more about this job? Roles/Experience required etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Maggie h

;):p:pHey Everybody I manage the Village Food Fare and it is I who am posting this. I am looking for good lively people who can talk to customers are decent and reliable and have a wee bit of cop on. I have various roles coming up over the next few weeks . If you are looking for some work pop me a c.v. at maggie@gilliganmeats.ie 087 9397650 TOM was that u sending me a message through linkedin??
    :):D:p:eek::(:)

Maggie h wrote: »
    ;):p:pHey Everybody I manage the Village Food Fare and it is I who am posting this. I am looking for good lively people who can talk to customers are decent and reliable and have a wee bit of cop on. I have various roles coming up over the next few weeks . If you are looking for some work pop me a c.v. at maggie@gilliganmeats.ie 087 9397650 TOM was that u sending me a message through linkedin??
    :):D:p:eek::(:)

Thanks Maggie! I will be surely sending you a CV As soon as I'm near a computer later. I'm on my phone at the moment.

Just one thing. What kind of hours will there be if I was to acquire a job as I live in Grange in Sligo and as I am aware the village food fare is in collooney. I just want to know this to see if I'd be capable of getting buses there! :)

Thanks!

Oh and also, it wasn't me sending you any messages! I don't think so anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Maggie h

Well the hours would normally be flexble enough and to be honest if you are good at the job i would have no problems trying to accomadate them to suit the bus hours I firmly believe every good turn deserves another :D;):p:p:o:o:o:cool: so we would worry about that when we needed to also we are having a car boot sale this sunday so if you guy's all wanna organise a car between ye and make some dosh this sunday for yourselves it could be of interest to you good luck xxx I know and understand how hard it is to get work so try and keep your chin up guy's things will come good eventually just keep a little faith

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

This has the potential to be a great thread both for employers like maggie and people looking for work. Its extremely fustrating right now, I have a masters degree in marketing but unfortunatly not alot of experience in a marketing role, so im either getting not experienced enough to get a marketing job or too qualified for some other jobs. I've been looking for anything decent to be honest but to no avail, im not someone who can lounge around all day doing nothing, I enjoy being active and busy.

So lets keep this thread busy and helping people :)

• Advertisement

cassi wrote: »
    This has the potential to be a great thread both for employers like maggie and people looking for work. Its extremely fustrating right now, I have a masters degree in marketing but unfortunatly not alot of experience in a marketing role, so im either getting not experienced enough to get a marketing job or too qualified for some other jobs. I've been looking for anything decent to be honest but to no avail, im not someone who can lounge around all day doing nothing, I enjoy being active and busy.

So lets keep this thread busy and helping people :)

100% Agreed. It's so hard lately..
    I have sent a CV to Maggie and now I am hoping for the best. I can say myself I generally fit the criteria but it's her decision that's final! Only time will tell!

I understand where you are coming from Cassi and understand that it can be the most tedious thing in existence looking for a job. I wish you the best of luck Cassi! As well as for myself! And yes. Keep this thread very active for everyone :)

100% Agreed. It's so hard lately..
    I have sent a CV to Maggie and now I am hoping for the best. I can say myself I generally fit the criteria but it's her decision that's final! Only time will tell!

I understand where you are coming from Cassi and understand that it can be the most tedious thing in existence looking for a job. I wish you the best of luck Cassi! As well as for myself! And yes. Keep this thread very active for everyone :)

Thanks TomJoe, best of luck with you job hunt also. I'm sure something will eventually come, Im just going to have to be more patient than before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭SlanGoFoil2011

Might replace some of the rubbish recruitment services working out of Sligo

Coach Lane looking for a part-time bartender. Experience required.

thebuzz wrote: »
    Coach Lane looking for a part-time bartender. Experience required.

Ah.. Would love to be a bartender.. but every place is looking for experience for bartending.

cassi wrote: »
    I have a masters degree in marketing but unfortunatly not alot of experience in a marketing role, so im either getting not experienced enough to get a marketing job or too qualified for some other jobs. I've been looking for anything decent to be honest but to no avail, im not someone who can lounge around all day doing nothing, I enjoy being active and busy.
    Ever thought of doing some volunteering to keep you busy until you get a job? http://www.volunteer.ie/Search-Apply-for-a-new-Volunteer.html?92

There sometimes are volunteer marketing roles available on this site which would obviously help you gain experience and also keep you doing something. It's not ideal (no wages) but something to do anyway. Looks good on the CV too.

Ever thought of doing some volunteering to keep you busy until you get a job? http://www.volunteer.ie/Search-Apply-for-a-new-Volunteer.html?92

There sometimes are volunteer marketing roles available on this site which would obviously help you gain experience and also keep you doing something. It's not ideal (no wages) but something to do anyway.

Ah I do enough Volunteering as it is !
    I've volunteered for 8 years with the Order of Malta ambulance corps and have been doing work at a volunteer radio station for the last year - 2 years ish.

I really wouldn't have anymore time for anymore!

Ah I do enough Volunteering as it is !
    I've volunteered for 8 years with the Order of Malta ambulance corps and have been doing work at a volunteer radio station for the last year - 2 years ish.

How about with the Coach House one. Offering your services free for a few days. Explain you don't have experience but if they give you a chance and they like the idea it might lead to them offering you the job.

My post was directed at cassi though.

My post was directed at cassi though.

Apologies! Came up in the email that you replied to me!

And I just quickly replied on my phone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 elprez

Here is my expereince when came to looking for a job in Sligo.

I spent 3 months on the dole when I finished college, I ended up taking a job in Dublin-that was 9 years ago. I didnt want to move to Dublin but there was no openings for me in Sligo. I face a situation in work where I could be laid off in September and I am considering leaving Ireland for good. I take you have all tried the usual job sites?. Try and stay away from recruiters (I found them next to useless) and apply to companies directly it gives a better impression

I wish ye all the best of luck in your job hunt whatever your field is.

Elprez, thanks for the best wishes, hopefully you wont have to face moving away and things pick up with your work!

Im pretty resigned to the fact that I won't find work in Sligo. I've had to move abroad twice for work and don't want to do that again. I getting to the stage where I want to settle down and start working on a career, rather than just do jobs! So hopefully something will come up in this country!!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭francis1978

Does anyone know of building work in Sligo ? I see sisk have taken on work in the area, will thy be looking to take on graduate for the summmer?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Does anyone know of building work in Sligo ? I see sisk have taken on work in the area, will thy be looking to take on graduate for the summmer?

I hope that all the work is given to local contractors if at all possible!It would be a very poor reflection if work carried out on the summerhill college site was given to Northern contractors,bearing in mind how many past students are currently unemployed trades people,engineers...etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Bonzo's the government have to award the contract to whoever offers the best plan financially once the job has been advertised. Fines are imposed if they're just selected because they're Irish.

H.Samuel - Full time Assistant Manager position available. Please contact H.Samuel store for further information - 071 9155531

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 smily10

Hey guys, Im looking for summer and weekend work around sligo, im based in coolaney, if anyone knows of any summer work could they please reply, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I did notice one of the offies on The Mall up past the Leitrim bar looking for summer staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 smily10

Thanks but im not 18 yet so wont be able to work there :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

You don't have to be 18 to work in a pub,think that's just for pulling pints. Can still do glasses and all.

Advertisement