Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 smily10

UrbanSea wrote: »
    You don't have to be 18 to work in a pub,think that's just for pulling pints. Can still do glasses and all.

Yes but that job is for an off licence :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SAJ

Have looked around Sligo for a job but to no avail. :( If anyone knows of any jobs on the go I would greatly appreciate any information! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

SAJ wrote: »
    Have looked around Sligo for a job but to no avail. :( If anyone knows of any jobs on the go I would greatly appreciate any information! Thanks.

Unfortunatly the champion only had two or three positions advertised last week.

:(

I did notice the Vodafone Shop in the Johnsons Courst advertising today, also have you tried the fas website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

irish-stew wrote: »
    Unfortunatly the champion only had two or three positions advertised last week.

Yeah, its a bloody disgrace, Not a job going in this town, and any that you do apply for, they haven't got the good graces to even acknowledge you're application.

Have you found any work since Stewie?

Yeah, its a bloody disgrace, Not a job going in this town, and any that you do apply for, they haven't got the good graces to even acknowledge you're application.

Have you found any work since Stewie?

Still looking. The number of applications totally out weigh the acknowledgments/responces received.

Unfortunatly the lack of communication does not just apply to Sligo employers.

• Advertisement

Still looking. The number of applications totally out weigh the acknowledgments/responces received.

Unfortunatly the lack of communication does not just apply to Sligo employers.

To be fair, I'm pissed off sending in applications.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Seen this on Facebook:

The Garavogue Bar is currently looking for Chef’s of all Grades, Kitchen Helpers, Waiting Staff & Bar staff please drop your C.V’s in to the bar or email to info@garavogue.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Hmm wouldn't mind a pot washing job.

Hmm wouldn't mind a pot washing job.

Good food there too, suit you down to the ground :D

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

Seen this on Facebook:

The Garavogue Bar is currently looking for Chef’s of all Grades, Kitchen Helpers, Waiting Staff & Bar staff please drop your C.V’s in to the bar or email to info@garavogue.ie

THANKS SO MUCH :) Applied there :D...

Let's hope for a job.. Desperately in need at this stage.. All my friends are off having great fun, going out, playing airsoft and I'm stuck in my house with no money :( :pac:

• Advertisement

Good food there too, suit you down to the ground :D

Hmmm the pizzas are excellent:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Ait Eile restaurant at Gilroys bar in Enniscrone are hosting an open interview day next saturday morning, (2nd July) between 10am and 12 for kitchen staff. Any further enquiries please contact aiteilerestaurnt@gmail.com

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002516406505&sk=wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Levi Regan

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone knew of anywhere that was hiring in town?
    I know there is next to none but any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Jobs in Sligo are like hens teeth at the moment. I know the Garavogue were hiring recently, might be worth handing in a cv there.

I'd check the FAS website, The Champion and the usual www.jobrapido.ie, http://www.connaughtjobs.ie/ etc. and keep an eye out for notices on windows.

Lads might do to drop a CV into Centra Maugheraboy.
    Plenty of students working there and they'll be going back in September,might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Lads might do to drop a CV into Centra Maugheraboy.
    Plenty of students working there and they'll be going back in September,might get lucky.
    not the nicest people to work for and thats come from multiple people.

not the nicest people to work for and thats come from multiple people.

Des? Seriously? That's not the experience I have with him. He kisses customer ass, which is fine, but he's a knob. I was delivering to him once and he got verbally abusive because I brought the lorry into his car park.

Most delivery drivers have fallen out with him.

Butford I think you misread it,he said not one of the nicest.

Stilll,a job is a job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 trshquinn

Hi, Im returning to sligo in sept to do my forth year in college. Anyone know of any places that take students on especially on the run up to christmas?:)

trshquinn wrote: »
    Hi, Im returning to sligo in sept to do my forth year in college. Anyone know of any places that take students on especially on the run up to christmas?:)

Places like Argos and Smiths toystore etc. would be worth trying especially for the Christmas rush, aside from that just bung your cv into as many shops and stores as possible and hope for the best.

• Advertisement

Butford I think you misread it,he said not one of the nicest.

Stilll,a job is a job

Oops :o

Note to self, stop reading boards when drinking.

Noticed in the Town (sligo :p) today that Call of the Wild are looking for someone.
    Oops :o

Note to self, stop reading boards when drinking.

Step away from the keyboard Burford!!

:D

Noticed in the Town (sligo :p) today that Call of the Wild are looking for someone.

Step away from the keyboard Burford!!

:D

Who' been drinking now, stwe?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sara-lou

Pamela Scott have a notice up for Full Time staff

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Gomer Pyle

p.borza/di nardis on mcr, both gone but whoever is reopening there, is looking for staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

Any other jobs around the place guys? I've tried applying everywhere... And I'm actually desperate at this stage :(
    Really wanna move in to town during the year to get a proper feel for the student life but it just doesn't look like it's happening :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I heard Argos is looking for seasonal staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

yes argos are looking for 800 seasonal staff for christmas, with most of them starting in october.
    also seen this on facebook:
    Shells Sea Side Bakery Cafe
    Looking for part time work? Got a lovely job doing dishes... Must b avail mid week! Ph 071 9122938 and ask for Myles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Any other jobs around the place guys? I've tried applying everywhere... And I'm actually desperate at this stage :(
    Really wanna move in to town during the year to get a proper feel for the student life but it just doesn't look like it's happening :/
    Did you try Supermacs? They're opening on the Bundoran road soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

They already have staff.

Advertisement