Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bray People

• 02-05-2011 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭

I've had a photo used by the Bray People recently. They didn't ask for permission to use it and didn't give a credit either. They just took it from a blog I had submitted it to. Do I just send them an invoice? Any idea what the rate is for that paper or is it standard on all papers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

Call them first, be polite, tell them they have used your image without permission and you expect payment. Follow up straight away and send them an invoice (for what you think it is worth) with your contact details and a date to pay you by.

They have stolen your image, it is copyright infringement, I would consider legal action if they do not pay. They really should know better.

Also consider watermarking your images!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

was it bray head on fire or what was it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Effects wrote: »
    I've had a photo used by the Bray People recently. They didn't ask for permission to use it and didn't give a credit either. They just took it from a blog I had submitted it to. Do I just send them an invoice? Any idea what the rate is for that paper or is it standard on all papers?

Check the T&C's for the Blog first. By submitting to them you may have given them the rights to share the image. If that is the case then the paper is within their rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

No rights to share the image were given to the blog and the blog is hosted on Tumblr. The image was watermarked but small enough so not to obscure the image. I'll send them an email about payment and see what they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Give Mary Fogarty a ring at the Bray People office, she will be able to help you. 2861347.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

Effects wrote: »
    No rights to share the image were given to the blog and the blog is hosted on Tumblr. The image was watermarked but small enough so not to obscure the image. I'll send them an email about payment and see what they say.

the image was watermarked! well that makes it worse IMO - they know damn well what they were doing so and were trying to get away with it. I take pics for fun but if someone wants to use a picture of mine to promote a product or a publication I would expect to be recompensed.

Please let us know how you get on - It devalues photographers (especially pros) work - photos on the net are not a free source for newsmedia to use at will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

SO what went down?????

Advertisement