Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Camera Shops

• 02-05-2011 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

hey guys looking to buy a tripod so i'm looking for a list of (reputable) camera shops in the city center that i could try. i know the camera center on liffey street and grafton street and the camera exchange(?) across from georges street arcade. where else could i look????
    thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Conns cameras have a great selection. connscameras.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭gaza4

yeah i came across the site but it seems to be internet based...do they have a shop or ami blind and missing the address!!! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mikka631

John Gunn Camera Shop 16 Wexford Street

Ph. 01 478 1226

By Far the best in my personal opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Berminghams have a great selection and very competitive prices
    http://www.berminghamcameras.ie/store/

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Berminghams have a great selection and very competitive prices
    http://www.berminghamcameras.ie/store/

i was actually lookin for that place the other day but couldnt find it!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

gaza4 wrote: »
    yeah i came across the site but it seems to be internet based...do they have a shop or ami blind and missing the address!!! lol

They're on Clarendon Street, behind Brown Thomas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

mikka631 wrote: »

Ph. 01 478 1226

Another vote for Gunn's.
    The most friendly shop of them all and mostly the cheapest brick & mortar store in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭thefizz

mikka631 wrote: »

Ph. 01 478 1226

Same here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭dmg1982

Another vote for John Gunn's. Best camera shop in Dublin.

From personal experience I'd steer clear of the Camera Center (there's one on Grafton St. but they've other stores too).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

If you search back in this forum, every thread discussing the reputable outlets in Dublin will mention the shops above. Gunn's normally have the highest praise and the best reputation, for good reason. I have personally done business with them all but even if it's the same price you get that bit extra at Gunn's as they are just so nice to deal with.

So another +1 to Gunn's from me.

• Advertisement

right so, Gunns is the place to go then!!! hahaha

thanks for all the replies guys. not goin in till the weekend so if anyone has anymore suggestions, throw em up...

Advertisement