Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmers Markets in Donegal

Options
  • 02-05-2011 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering would anyone know of any farmers markets where they sell fresh, local fruits and vegetables (especially greens like kale,chard etc). I know of one in Bundoran on fridays (10am-2pm) but there is a very limited selection and normally the same brands you would buy in most shops.

Thanks alot for any input:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

I have yet to come upon a "real" farmer's market in S Donegal...like you said everything is mass produced or anything but local. Any market that you can buy lemons, oranges, bananas & pineapple fails as a "real" farmer's market in my book :D

Donegal Town has a lovely town market once a month, but even that is overrun with the international gifty stuff. Some local, mainly not.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Isn't there some sort of market out in Leghowney Hall every weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

byte wrote: »
    Isn't there some sort of market out in Leghowney Hall every weekend?

twice a month

Country Market

From home baked and home grown to home made, Leghowney Country Market offers a variety of locally produced products. Anyone who is interested in having a stall, but has not yet registered may do so by calling Seamus on 086 8124195 to get a registration form.

Leghowney Country Market is on every 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month at 11am.

http://www.leghowney.com/market.php

run under this banner
    http://www.countrymarkets.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

There's one in Ramelton every Thursday beside the McDaid's factory

The same one is in Carrigart on Wednesdays also.

I think they run from 10am - 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

I think there's one in Dunfanaghy which runs every weekend from Easter through Halloween or thereabouts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭weeginger

I go to the Hillsborough Farm Shop in Ramelton, they will tell you where everything comes from, most grown/farmed on their own farm. Super meat (especially the burgers) and the fish selection is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

the ramelton country market is in the town hall every saturday morning from 10 to 12, and the same market in is the market centre in letterkenny every other friday.

Advertisement