Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musgraves Cash and Carry

Options
  • 02-05-2011 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

do you need a vat number to shop at Musgraves Cash and Carry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭MiniSquish

I think so. I know that when my friends decide to have parties and buy alcohol in bulk there they always have to borrow a card off someone else. My Dad has one and I'm nearly sure that people have asked him can they use it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

you need to be vat registered to join musgraves, but you can borrow anyone number or card, be carefull when shopping there as all the prices are pre vat ... alcohol is not any cheaper there compared to the deals on in supermarkets at the moment but its good food wise, and fresh food is vat free, 25 full chicken breasts only 25 euro, 1 kg of premium ham is 5.50... good savings bu as i said be carefull of the vat that will be added at the checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

In the one in sallynoggin you could just walk in, not sure if that is the case now, however you still needed a card but you could go browsing. I could have gotten a loan of a card so went browsing, everything was more expensive than supermarkets.

Chicken was mentioned above but many butchers have 10 fillets for €10. I was looking 25kg bags of sugar, it was far more expensive than 1kg bags in supermarkets, as were many catering size jars.

Sometimes there offers are good, some are listed including VAT here

http://www.musgravecashandcarry.ie/files/R105retail190411.pdf

Bounties are buy 3 get one free for 24 packs so €35.55ex VAT for 96 bars which is 45cent per bar, while at the moment in tesco they are 1.25 for 5 so 25 cent per bar.

7up is usually cheaper in tesco too, same with lots of the spirits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

ten fillets for a tenner found in most butchers are not the full breast peices, tried both andmusgraves is the better value

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

I have a Musgraves card and am not VAT registered. They did say when I got the card that you really only got savings if you were registered but the stuff I buy is usually zero rated anyway.

Advertisement