Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back-up Plans

• 02-05-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭

So...what's the plan should you fall short in points this August? Personally, repeating the LC is an absolute no for me, I couldn't put myself through all this again!:P

I'd do an Arts degree, and then a post-grad in my preferred career.

What are your thoughts?

Back-up course vs repeating??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

BAck-up course everytime!! I also could not do it all again! :p Lookin for teaching in pats, so need around 490. If I dont get that I may do an arts or a business degree and do a post-grad for teaching :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jam08

I think 480 should be ok if you want teaching. My backup is probably the humanities degree in pats and then a postgrad hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

jam08 wrote: »
    I think 480 should be ok if you want teaching. My backup is probably the humanities degree in pats and then a postgrad hopefully!

Glad to hear that, 490 is about as high as i could get i think! Have you teaching in pats first down too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jam08

yeah pats first, then colaiste mhuire and froebel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

My back up is either Pharmacy or Biochemistry, and they're good backups because I'd actually be happy doing either of them, it wouldn't be an oh god my life is ruined I have to take my second choice thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

My own horror story: Had a howler back in 2009 got my 9th choice (an Arts degree in Trinity) which I hated and am back repeating at the moment. Thought I'd never repeat but when you're motivated enough it's actually grand (never "easy" :D). My words of advice would be to choose every choice on your CAO carefully and if you find that you don't like whatever course you end up on: Repeat! One year of hard graft is easier than 3/4 on a course you don't like!

Advertisement