Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox profil questions (2 xbox`s)

• 03-05-2011 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

hi lads,

i have 2 xbox`s one up stairs and down,

is there a way i can have my profile on both, without having to recover it everytime? i do understand that only one profile can only be signed in at once.

i moved my profile to a usb drive, but i dont want to b removing that all the time,

if i got a 2nd usb drive could i copy it on that 2 therefore having my profile on 2 usb drives and on both xbox`s

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Interesting, I really don't know the answer to it. If it's possible to copy the profile to a second flash drive, then it may be possible.

You might be able to take an image of the first drive and load it onto the second drive so everything remains the exact same. A program like Acronis could do that for you.

If I can find my spare flash drive (haven't seen it in ages) I'll try it later tonight and let you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

what kind of xboxes have you? if they are both the old xboxes (non slim) you can just swap the harddrives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Your USB key is the only man, you just copy your profile to the key which acts as a MU, you can of course only have one copy of your profile on the key from what I know (it appears as a hidden file in the laptop after formatting) - any gamesaves will and can be transferred from each console to the other, same goes for content, but you will have to be connected to Live to use the content....

I bring my profile around on my key all the time, if I fancy gaming in a mates or something, I just usually have to remember to bring my gamesaves from their HDD before I go home or im screwed!

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

You cant copy the Gamertag over you can only move it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

That is why I would suggest trying to make an image of the entire drive and then install that image onto a different drive. The second drive will just think that it's the first drive. In theory, this will work. God knows what would happen if you turned on both xboxes at the same time though.

MS would probably have alarm bells going off at headquarters and you'd have a swat team crashing through your windows in no time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

If you duplicate your gamertag (ie copy (not move) it onto another USB drive) then the first one to next connect to live updates its version number.

This means that when if you ever connect the 2nd copy to live it will tell you that it's not the current gamertag and to recover it.

This means that any achievements you earn on the 2nd tag will be lost.

There's no benefit to it really - USB drive and move it around or get a 2nd gamertag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

pH wrote: »
    If you duplicate your gamertag (ie copy (not move) it onto another USB drive) then the first one to next connect to live updates its version number.

This means that when if you ever connect the 2nd copy to live it will tell you that it's not the current gamertag and to recover it.

This means that any achievements you earn on the 2nd tag will be lost.

There's no benefit to it really - USB drive and move it around or get a 2nd gamertag.

^^^Exactly right. There is no way really to get around this, I have been trying it for a while now, and the best bet is a large memory key. Just don't lose it! It would be dangerous to have save games on the memory key incase you broke it or something! All your hard work gone!

Oh and if you have two consoles, and you don't want to have to keep bringing the memory key up and down satirs, does this mean that you have two copies ofr all games aswell? because if not you'd just have to bring down a copy of the game downstairs as well as the memory key! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I use a memory key between 2 xboxs, works fine for me. Just don't do anything silly like pull out the key when the game is saving or something.

I only really keep current game saves and dlc on it and move them back to my main xbox when I don't need them. There is a distance of 60km between my 2 consoles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

thanks for the replies lads,

im using the memory stick between consoles.

i was going to download this programe that lets you put your profile on to 2 memory sticks but i really didnt want to mess up my profile

so i have my xbox slim 250gb with kinnects(thansk to the great offer in game) downstairs and my 250gb slim upstairs & am using the memory stick the profile,

Advertisement