Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos coming to Naas very soon.

Options
  • 03-05-2011 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Not sure whether many local folk have heard but they have had the Situations Vacant ad up for a while around the local employment agencies.

A joy for me anyway,could have brought it Newbridge though :mad: save me the petrol money!

Always handy to have one nearby,i have travelled to the Carlow one and Blanchardstown to pick up a few bargains in the past,could save me some hassle in the future.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Judging by the signage up at the moment it will be in the Monread Centre (the big Tesco) on the Monread road.

Paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    Judging by the signage up at the moment it will be in the Monread Centre (the big Tesco) on the Monread road.

Paddy

Along with Boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Always though it would be a good business to have in Kildare with all relatively new households around. I guess Naas would be a good move to pull people up this direction from south dublin too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Yeah Boots and Argos are going in beside Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Gregsor wrote: »
    i have travelled to the Carlow one and Blanchardstown to pick up a few bargains in the past,could save me some hassle in the future.

I'd rarely put Argos & Bargains in the same sentence! - Check local stores and you'll find except for their wow deals, a local retailer will easily be cheaper than Argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

maxer68 wrote: »
    I'd rarely put Argos & Bargains in the same sentence! - Check local stores and you'll find except for their wow deals, a local retailer will easily be cheaper than Argos.

I wouldn't generally associate the words together myself but say when they are clearing off end of season goods items or stock deemed for the exit door there can be some good savings to had,in my experience anyway.

I haven't been my self in probably 6 months but that more than likely will change with a local outlet on the way.

Argos like other retailers must consider their local market too and for them not to come in and be competitive would just be plain silly,considering they are opening on a Tesco Extra's doorstep to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I would imagine Tesco won't proceed with their own instore pharmacy (as planned but not built it phase 1) now if Boots is to become an early tenant.

From working with (not in) the pharmacy sector I suspect Tesco realised its far too hassle to set up here - all previous "in store" pharmacies are operated as a concession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 andre_fimbres

Where can u apply for these jobs?? i cant find anywher to apply for argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Where can u apply for these jobs?? i cant find anywher to apply for argos?

Newbridge FAS office on the main street had application forms in for the new store around 3 weeks ago,i would say there was a huge response in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sillymoo2007

It was rumoured that Argos had been looking at the vacant Byrnes world of wonder in newbridge!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭2011abc

I have to say that Argos are an absolute DREAM to deal with for returns and refunds etc compared with many/most of their other competitors .And their staff are generally far nicer as well.I dont get that much there but find them pleasant all round to deal with ...VERY few of their competitors (you know who I mean ) that you cans ay the same about .

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

On the other hand, I have found generally that their merchandise is of poor quality, not that price competitive and more often than not the queueing makes it even more unattractive.

There is nothing special about Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭e-Mo0?

Any idea where to apply for jobs in Argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

All jobs filled: (from http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0525/argos.html)
    30 new jobs have been created with the opening of a new Argos store in Naas, Co Kildare.

The shop is the first Argos store in Co Kildare. The chain has 40 branches in Ireland.

The company said it had received over 800 job applications for the 30 positions, all of which have now been filled.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dee42

A few people I know applied for jobs in the new store. Filled in the neccessary forms - never heard anything back =(

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

So Argos will be open on 4th of June. Do You know about special prices, promotions especially in TV's section?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

asgaard wrote: »
    So Argos will be open on 4th of June. Do You know about special prices, promotions especially in TV's section?

they have a few half off deals. Not many to be honest.

Its not that crowded there today either at 1130am

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

gsxr1 wrote: »
    they have a few half off deals. Not many to be honest.

Its not that crowded there today either at 1130am

you get your best deals coming up to the end of the catalogue and the launch of the new one, so that is around mid july then they have loads in the clearance sale:D

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

What's Your opinion about Pixmania-they have such a good prices for TV's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

asgaard wrote: »
    What's Your opinion about Pixmania-they have such a good prices for TV's

I have heard mixed reports.

On the plus was the price. But long delivery times, non regional TVs with no English instructions and bad customer service being the minus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement