Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to take a case against Vodafone @ home broadband

• 03-05-2011 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

But I am not unsure how?

I have made over 100 complaints on the boards.ie vodafone forum reasurring that problem would be fixed time and time and again the problem reacurs. Practically all my post on boards.ie are trying to resolve problems wit Our Vodafone Broaband to noend!

Has anyone ever made a succesfull case against a broadband provider in Dublin?

We have down time of 3 months in accumalitive total, When the internety was not down , we had to deal with the majority of internet disconnecting every 5 -15 minutes, or else speeds of lest than .o1mb which is unusable internet,( I have dozens of speedtest showing my speeds in differnt months) I have had to contact them dozens of time about these unusable speeds to "fix" them"

I then contacted vodafone.ie and explained to them that I had no proper service that I have been paying for,that my internet was down or unusable for at least 3 months, they offered to give me two months free broadband...two months broadband cost us 90 euo, I actuallt though that we we were getting two free months cost off

I have been through ( Our internet conection has ranged from days of no connection at all, to no connection after 6pm, to disconnection every 15 mins, to speeds of .01 mb), I have 100's of boards posts to prove this)

Anyways, on our next bill we got a 16 euro discount of our bill which i was astinished by!..., they told us that broadband is 8 euro per month even though, we pay 45 PER MONTH for broadabnd per month( it clearlly says on our CONTRACT THAT VODAFONE BROADBAND is 45 EURO per month) plus what ever the bill for calls

I am been in contact with them 12 times to either ignore the matter or tell they me I got all I deserverd?

I Disagree, and have a years supplies of written information to back me up....Where Can I proceed from here?

I have over 100 posts dtealing on problems on this forum and 50 on another forum...

I never excepted that 16 euro, I presumed that it would be 90 euro , and they bascially told me to buzz off, that it was only 16 euro was worth

Do I have any legal options?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

€45 per month includes line rental (which is €25) and your calls package, which assuming is €12, then the broadband cost is €8 per month. It is definitely NOT €45 a month for broadband anyway.

There is no case to take. Just cancel the service since they obviously cannot provide it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Give them one last attempt to fix it or find what the problem is.tell them that you will cancel the service if no resolution is made.there are alot of other providers you could switch to!avoid perlico tough if you are switching they are owned by vodafone !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Totally agree with Jor_El on this. You don't have any case against them. Legal proceedings would be a total waste of money for you, even for just consultation.

Give them an ultimatum to fix it. If its not sorted, cancel your service, and be done with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

But I am not unsure how?

I have made over 100 complaints on the boards.ie vodafone forum reasurring that problem would be fixed time and time and again the problem reacurs. Practically all my post on boards.ie are trying to resolve problems wit Our Vodafone Broaband to noend!

Has anyone ever made a succesfull case against a broadband provider in Dublin?

We have down time of 3 months in accumalitive total, When the internety was not down , we had to deal with the majority of internet disconnecting every 5 -15 minutes, or else speeds of lest than .o1mb which is unusable internet,( I have dozens of speedtest showing my speeds in differnt months) I have had to contact them dozens of time about these unusable speeds to "fix" them"

I then contacted vodafone.ie and explained to them that I had no proper service that I have been paying for,that my internet was down or unusable for at least 3 months, they offered to give me two months free broadband...two months broadband cost us 90 euo, I actuallt though that we we were getting two free months cost off

I have been through ( Our internet conection has ranged from days of no connection at all, to no connection after 6pm, to disconnection every 15 mins, to speeds of .01 mb), I have 100's of boards posts to prove this)

Anyways, on our next bill we got a 16 euro discount of our bill which i was astinished by!..., they told us that broadband is 8 euro per month even though, we pay 45 PER MONTH for broadabnd per month( it clearlly says on our CONTRACT THAT VODAFONE BROADBAND is 45 EURO per month) plus what ever the bill for calls

I am been in contact with them 12 times to either ignore the matter or tell they me I got all I deserverd?

I Disagree, and have a years supplies of written information to back me up....Where Can I proceed from here?

I have over 100 posts dtealing on problems on this forum and 50 on another forum...

I never excepted that 16 euro, I presumed that it would be 90 euro , and they bascially told me to buzz off, that it was only 16 euro was worth

Do I have any legal options?

Breach of Contract, ie not fit for service

You are paying for a service they are not providing

However at ~15 Euro a month x 12 it's 180 max for the broadband
    component and probaly half of this.

Get your documents together detailing problems and downtime
    and submit a registered letter outlineing these and give them 28
    days to fix it.

If they don't, submit another registered letter cancelling the contract
    for failure to provide service.

They are supposed to do a line test and so on to check that you can
    be signed up as a customer (profit for them) and protect themselves
    from this type of occurence (loss for them, cancelled contracts, customer
    service costs, discounts and so on)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

jay93 wrote: »
    \avoid perlico tough if you are switching they are owned by vodafone !

I'm with Perlico (Pay As You Go) had a problem once but that was
    Eircoms DNS.

Appart from that n problems and bill comes in at ~32-35 Euro a month

• Advertisement
Advertisement