Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anybody go to Vantastival ?

• 03-05-2011 8:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody went to Vantastival ?
    Would love to hear some reviews...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Me too, would love to hear it. the activities sounded right up my street, but alas, we missed out on it this year though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

I was there :D.

It was really good. The weather was great all weekend which can really make or break these things. Great site, nice and compact with everything close together and the camper van area was really close to the main stage so you could just pop back to the van any time you felt like it.

This was my first music festival in the camper, so much better than in a tent :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vincent coffey

repolho, we spoke last year briefly around this time about your bus, did it all work out ok with JH in KK? Hope you are making the most of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I was there .

It was really good. The weather was great all weekend which can really make or break these things. Great site, nice and compact with everything close together and the camper van area was really close to the main stage so you could just pop back to the van any time you felt like it.

This was my first music festival in the camper, so much better than in a tent
    Cool - how was it for kids ?
    Was it pretty quiet at night or would a young child have problems sleeping (just wondering for next year - we may go)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Cool - how was it for kids ?
    Was it pretty quiet at night or would a young child have problems sleeping (just wondering for next year - we may go)

There was DJs in some of the tents throughout the night which could be heard in the camping area allright. There was no trouble or fighting or people making lots of noise or whatever around the camping area that I noticed though. I found it grand (noise wise) but then again I'm probably not the best person to ask as (a) I don't have kids and (b) I sleep like a log.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

Hi guys,

We went down to Vantastival for our first outing in the camper this year and we loved it. I have two boys (10 & 7) and they had a ball. We parked in the family camping section so were surrounded by like-minded people/parents. Really lovely chilled out vibe. The people around us were absolutely bang on. We drive a VW T25 and had a number of fellow owners drop by and chat about the bus, the awning, etc.

The kids field was located right beside the famliy camping area which was great. The organisers had activities in the kids field on Sat and Sun, which began (I think) at 1pm. Stuff like face painting, temporary tattoos, puppet making, football matches, t-shirt painting, arts and crafts, and movies for the kids in a tent in the evening. There was also a bouncy castle located in this field. So, from a parents perspective, it was great. I found everyone very friendly, particularly the staff. We only caught a couple of gigs but yes, you could hear the music throughout the night. It certainly didnt stop my lads from sleeping though, as they were on the go all day.

By way of improvement, I think there are some great events that occur during the weekend that aren't fully realised. For example, the Cully and Scully cook off and the campervan restoration. Maybe if there was a PA system on site to provide an update on the van resto progress, or to remind people that the cook-off event is happening in 10 minutes, etc might be useful. However, we all know that a PA in the wrong hands can be a painful experience, so tread carefully Vantastival!

The weather did play a huge roll in the enjoyment of the weekend, but we will definitely not miss next year's event. Superb! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

We were there too,great little festival,brilliant for the kids(2,4 and 6)

Hopefully it'll stay small and chilled:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭Penguino

We were there too.

Great weekend, really chilled and safe. No drunken mobs floating around causing grief.

Some great young bands - "I'ld fight Gandi", "The Fontenels", "Bipolar Empire", "The Marley Bob" - to name a few

Will defo make it an annual trip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

Brilliant weekend, utterly blessed with the weather...and just like last year, a really happy vibe about the place...not to mention some fantastic acts on the various stages.

Much better this year, in that the Gramophone Disco was situated well away from the camping areas, and whilst you could hear it...it didn't keep you awake at night.

Advertisement