Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fob Key duplicate

Options
  • 03-05-2011 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. I just moved in to one bedroom apt with my partner and letting company gave us 1 key from the apartment itself and one fob key to open the security gates, to get to the complex. As i understand it correctly those fob keys are pretty expensive to duplicate and I cannot do it myself. I've called landlord, he said he can make duplicate but we need to pay for it ourselves. It cost 90e to do so. Shouldn't landlord provide this key anyway if there are two of us living in the apartment? Or should we pay for the duplicate? Any of you had the same problem?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

If the only way to get in and out of the apartment is with a fob key then the landlord should provide a key for each person.

Similar set up myself, we got one fob for the gate but there's a pedestrian gate with a seperate key that we got one each for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 klayman

If the only way to get in and out of the apartment is with a fob key then the landlord should provide a key for each person.

Similar set up myself, we got one fob for the gate but there's a pedestrian gate with a seperate key that we got one each for.

Its good on one side that the complex is so secured that u need to open 2 doors to get in (that is only way how to get in) using that fob key :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

You can buy a fob that will copy the frequency of the fob you have and then you can use that. Think they can be got for about 30 euro on ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 triona10

Do you have the link for to by the copy? I have lost my apartment fob key and I'm using my flat mates in the meantime. The letting agent are charging me €80 as a replacement- which is way past my budget!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

One of my housemates had to get a fob replaced after breaking it, I found a locksmith on Amiens Street, Dublin (practically under the railway bridge) that copied a new fob for her for somewhere around 5-10 euro. Not sure if it's the same type as you are looking for (it was one you just wave in front of a sensor thing), but it shouldn't cost that much even if it's one you click from far away. Ask around different locksmiths if you don't live in Dublin!

• Advertisement
Advertisement