Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 15 Exhaust Repair?

Options
  • 03-05-2011 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend anybody around the D15 area who will repair/weld exhausts.

I went to Fast Fit or whatever its called now in Coolmine and they say I need a back box but its just the joint from the back box needs welding.

Don't want to pay for a part I may not need.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Thanks.

I had seen them advertised alright. Did you need a part replacing or just a running repair?

Seems like all I need is a simple welding of a join....hoping there is someone local. If not that Souhans looks like a decent setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Dub XV wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend anybody around the D15 area who will repair/weld exhausts.

I went to Fast Fit or whatever its called now in Coolmine and they say I need a back box but its just the joint from the back box needs welding.

Don't want to pay for a part I may not need.

Depending on the car the back box might only be €50, is it really worth welding it?

Its also not so easy to weld, depending on how much material is left in the back box etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

That was the point....there was nothing wrong with the back box just the pipe from the front connected to it.

Anyways FastFit wanted to replace the box but a trip to Souhans in Trim today and all is well again. They replaced the corroded pipe itself only and saved me a hefty wedge.

Would highly recommend them after todays experience.

• Advertisement

Advertisement