Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRADE: GAME GEAR and related goodies

Options
  • 03-05-2011 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭

Following on from my earlier posts in the Post here every time you get something new! thread, and now returned from hols, I now have some time to sort a remote trade on that lot:
    • Gamegear and original instructions manual,
    • TV tuner and original instructions manual
    • Nuby SMS cart adapter
    • DC wall adapter (Sega branded)
    • Columns in plastic hard shell with original instructions manual,
    • Leaderboard, boxed (with clear plastic insert), in plastic hard shell with original instructions manual,
    • Logic 3 padded case
    Everything is in very good to near-new condition. Everything tested except the Nuby adapter (no SMS cart at hand :().

The TV tuner and the Nuby adapter are like 'just out of the box'.

The GG itself is really clean and doesn't look like it's ever had batteries in either compartment. The sound is good, the screen is good, the sound and brightness wheels are fine and working, as are the controls (d-pad, start/A/B buttons). The D-pad feels very slightly loose to the touch (less than 1mm 'wiggle' kind of thing).

Now, I stated remote trade as, unfortunately, I'm in the UK. Therefore, and obviously, postal exchange is a must. If the prospect doesn't put you off right away (:pac:), hopefully o1s1n on here will put in a good word for me, and my eBay feedback (under the same handle, ambro25) should speak for itself. I don't mind posting first, if you're one of the 'regulars' on here :)

As regards trades, I don't retro-collect anymore (but I'll be keeping my own 15 years' worth of EDGE mags, CiDeRmAn :D) but I have a 360, a Wii and this insatiable curiosity for all things gaming/electronic, so just try me :)

GGear01.jpg
    GG2.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Ive a few 360 games to trade, I havent sold them because they have "promotional copy only" across the boxes. they are a couple of kinect games i think, a sports one and a fighting one, have mass effect 2 unopened, one i think aswell, and a few others. Guitar hero games etc. if your interested let me know and ill see whats there. have ps3 games too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gotta get rid of that tuner before the UK goes digital and you can't pick up anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,919 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

First you move to the UK, then you stop collecting old games? At least tell me you still play airsoft! :eek:

To anyone who's interested - Ambro25 is 100% reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

keithgeo - thx, and I could be interested. I'm chiefly driving/flying/FPSing on 360.

CiDeRmAn - the tuner has an AV in ;) (aaanyhow...can't see any collector wanting it for the reception quality :D)

o1s1n - thx for the kind words. I still see Lemming on the rare occasion, and I still have my trusty KSC USPc and my name tags :pac:

Heres what i have anyways, see what you think

Fighters Uncaged
    Motionsports
    Mass Effect 2
    Fight Night Round 3
    Mass Effect
    Soul Calibre IV
    Guitar Hero World Tour
    Green day Rockband
    Crackdown 2
    Assassins Creed
    Assassins Creed 2
    Splinter Cell Conviction
    Superman Returns
    The Golden Compass

I also have modnation racers on the ps3

Ive pretty much sold or traded all my other games. Ive a few xbox original games too.

• Advertisement

Mmm, nowt in there that takes my fancy, sorry keith.

Note that, when I said I don't collect retro, that doesn't mean I wouldn't be interested in some retro hardware.

No worrys!

I missed this last weekend's free listing offer on eBay :rolleyes: :mad:, so still available to swap, for now.

Value-wise (for comparison purposes), I just toured eBay.co.uk completed sales (auction format only, not B-i-N) last night for GG consoles and accessories, looks like around €50 for the lot.

For swaps, some (nicely light, cheap to post ;)) items I'm currently after are:
    • xbox 360 wireless pads (white preferred, doesn't need to be OEM)
    • wii remotes (black preferred, doesn't need to be OEM)
    • CoD Modern Warfare 2 and Blur on xbox 360
    • FPS (CoD, Conduit, Ghost Squad) and Mario Kart on Wii

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement