Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor - Free Text problem, no refund

• 03-05-2011 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Hi, here's my situation.

I'm a Meteor PAYG customer and I've been signed to their free texts to any network for 30 days deal once I top up by €20.

So on saturday I topped up by €10 + €10 as I have done before and I got the message saying "You now have free texts to any network for the next 30 days", and today I've noticed that I'm down to €8 in credit because for some reason the free texts did not work as they normally do. I called meteor and they said that apparently in my contract I need to top up by €20 in one go to get free texts.

They refused to refund me the €12 lost even though I had received the message saying I now have free any network texts. What should I do?

Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/pay_as_you_go/#plans-tab
    It says you need to top up by €20 in one go to activate the promotion. If you previously availed of it by topping up twice at €10, then I'd say that was a mistake. The terms are clear, and since you didn't top up by €20 in one go, you were not entitled to the free texts.

The notification you got saying you did have free texts is the only leverage you have, though I'm not sure what you can do with it. Perhaps contact Comreg about it, and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Thanks for that, I guess I'll just deal with it. It's annoying how misleading the free texts notification message was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Meteor free texts is a nightmare. I only ever top up by €20 and yet on many ocassions, partucularly if I top up on a weekend, it takes 2 or 3 days for the free texts to kick in. I'm constantly on to Meteor about it though with a full €20 top up they always refund.

I will probably change networks over it. It's the second month in a row I've had problems with this offer. I have been a Meteor customer for 7 or 8 years and the customer care where not in anyway lenient over the phone, useless in the shop, and have given me no reason to stay with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

By all means change network, but the terms are stated clearly... 20euro in one top up!

I have in the past tried to top up in installments of 10 and been burned by it. Nobody to blame however, but myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 nocheerleader

Call ComReg, they will tell you to get a case ref number (or something similar) from Meteor. When you call Meteor back and mention ComReg they will be more likely to listen as the admin/paperwork from dealing with an official ComReg complaint will cost them more than the €8 ...also if you are polite and even ask them to meet you half way you may get a resolution quicker as its at the discretion of the rep that answers the phone to you. They have a limit to which they can make their refunds and €8 is well inside that limit! Not to say you weren't polite the first time you called but if you're friendly/build up a rapport with the rep and mention ComReg you should get the credit back easily enough.

Thanks very much for your good advice nocheerleader, I will update if any progress is made.

Advertisement