Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donadea bog fire pics

Options
  • 03-05-2011 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭

Taken yesterday 20110502

sign.jpg

Timahoe.jpg

country.jpg

bogMachines.jpg

bogView.jpg

bogView2.jpg

bogView3.jpg

bogView4-1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭highdef

Great pics. had a drive through here yesterday and visibility was very bad in places alright. Still burning this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

Went for a look myself yesterday evening & was surprised they didn't close the road off.
    There was another seperate fire burning around Dag's yesterday also. Frightening stuff, I imagine some of the homes were evacuated due to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Bit mental alright. Was wondering where the other one was.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

2 or 3 more down the rathanghan direction if ya go over shee bridge near allenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Heard a bit of chatter suggesting they may have been deliberately started by disgruntled turf cutters. Sounds like BS to me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Great Pics, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 44 nicky chick

I took the these photos the day time ones on Monday and the night time one is from Monday night its not a great photo but you can just make out the shape of my neighbours house scary stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 slcb

I'd heard about the fires and hope they weren't set on purpose, I really doubt if they were as all locals know the damage a forest/bog fire can do. I remember fire fighting in Donadea with my father when I was pretty young, making sure fire didn't get from one area to another and I never forgot seeing the damage caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 robjo

has any one recived compansation from bord na mona for smoke damage to their house? over bog fire in April
    I heard any one living in the area were being paid.

Advertisement