Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavan Region Hill Walking/Hiking Club

Options
  • 03-05-2011 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

*Also posted in outdoor pursuits so hope it's OK to post here too.*

Just wondering if anyone in the Cavan region is interested in joining/starting a hill-walking/hiking club.
    It would be great to get a few like minded and active people together to explore the fantastic hills of West Cavan/Leitrim/Fermanagh and futher afield. I would also be interested in getting the club involved in more demanding outdoor pursuits such as rock climbing, mountaineering and multi-day camping routes. As a group it would be easier and cheaper to organise training (Mountain Skills, Navigation, Mountain Leader, First Aid etc.) and trips.
    I know there is a walking club based in Cavan that take regular leisurley Sunday hikes (which is fine) but I'm interetsed in getting something a little more adventurous and active going.

Some benifits of starting a club:
    Car pooling/Mini bus hire
    Sharing knowledge and skills
    Keeping Fit and Active
    Group discounts on travel/training
    Club membership to Mountaineering Ireland
    Group Insurance
    Good Craic

So if anyone is interested leave a post or drop me a PM and i'll get back to you.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kayto

Hi there,

Saw your message re walking/hiking and was wondering if you have a particular age group that you were aiming at or level of fitness.

Depending on your answer I am very interested haha

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭xtralong

Hi Kayto,

Not aiming at any age group in particular. I suppose a level of fitness where you feel safe and comfortable spending a day on the hill walking over various types of terrain. Fitness can always be built up anyway.

Hi xtralong,

Thanks for that, have you had anyone else interested yet?

I would be interested in joining if you manage to get it started and if you need any help starting things up let me know, though not sure what I could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mckiernan

xtralong wrote: »

Just wondering if anyone in the Cavan region is interested in joining/starting a hill-walking/hiking club.
    It would be great to get a few like minded and active people together to explore the fantastic hills of West Cavan/Leitrim/Fermanagh and futher afield. I would also be interested in getting the club involved in more demanding outdoor pursuits such as rock climbing, mountaineering and multi-day camping routes. As a group it would be easier and cheaper to organise training (Mountain Skills, Navigation, Mountain Leader, First Aid etc.) and trips.
    I know there is a walking club based in Cavan that take regular leisurley Sunday hikes (which is fine) but I'm interetsed in getting something a little more adventurous and active going.

Keeping Fit and Active
    Group Insurance
    Good Craic

So if anyone is interested leave a post or drop me a PM and i'll get back to you.

Thanks

Hi There!

Interested in doing some hiking! How do i get in contact with you, im not great on computers..Count me in anyway, sounds great! Anything outdoors suits me..Thanks Muire

Hi Muire,

Saw your reply about the walking/hiking.

I am in Cootehill where abouts are you? If we live not too far apart it would be great to get together.

I haven't heard anything further from this link so I'm just walking with my dog and it would be really nice to have someone to go on longer walks with and explore new places :).

I'm not too hot on the computer either but would love to hear from you and if we think we will be able to get something sorted then try to find a way to give out phone numbers without them going on the board :confused:.

Carol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 mckiernan

Kayto wrote: »
    Hi Muire,

Saw your reply about the walking/hiking.

I am in Cootehill where abouts are you? If we live not too far apart it would be great to get together.

I haven't heard anything further from this link so I'm just walking with my dog and it would be really nice to have someone to go on longer walks with and explore new places :).

I'm not too hot on the computer either but would love to hear from you and if we think we will be able to get something sorted then try to find a way to give out phone numbers without them going on the board :confused:.

Carol Hi Check out www.Beauty4Life.ie maybe send a text. These things drive me nuts never sure of what im doing.This is my third attempt at responce.]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

xtralong wrote: »

Keeping Fit and Active
    Group Insurance
    Good Craic

Thanks!

Great idea xtralong, PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 s.dawn

Haya xtralong

How are you? I was just wondering if you were still organising the hill/hiking club and if so could you do with one more member?Because id be really intersted in doing it, give my sofa a brake for while :)

Thank you
    s.dawn

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Moll26

Hi xtralong,

I am living in the Cavan area and would love to join a Hill Walking Club or any adventure sport.....
    Has there been any response???
    I've go so lazy and really need to get fit again :)
    Would love to hear from anyone interested....

Moll26 wrote: »
    Hi xtralong,

I am living in the Cavan area and would love to join a Hill Walking Club or any adventure sport.....
    Has there been any response???
    I've go so lazy and really need to get fit again :)
    Would love to hear from anyone interested....

Hi Moll26
    how are you? id be more than happy do something with you.because I'm at the stage where going up the stairs requires an oxygen tank, pint of water and a five minute brake :)so if your still interested id be delighted to hear from you :)
    S.dawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 dolmen

Have you had any outings yet? and if so when is next ?

Hi dolman

Haven't heard anything back from extralong, as far as I know nothing has gone ahead yet..unfortunetly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Dolmen, S Dawn, I'd be on for a trek somewhere around Cavan, went up Cuilcagh last year.
    If the 3 of us and a few friends are on we should organise something soon while the weather is still suitable.
    This weekend is out for me but the following sat or sun should be ok

I've also been up sliabh glabh so know it if ye want to start with something handier!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mayoman24

Me and my house mate just moved to cavan to attend college and would be interested in doing some hiking or outdoor actives. Would be interested in car pooling as we have no car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Maisey14

Hi, I realise this post is quite old but just wondering if anything got up and running? Would be interested on joining a hiking/ hillwalking group in the Cavan area.

Advertisement