Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Satellite Solutions - Cork

• 03-05-2011 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

has anyone used Signal Solutions in Cork to install FTA?

Subject to a site survey they're quoting €360-420 for installing a FTA dish (for Italian channels, if that makes a difference?) plus decoder boxes in two rooms.

The installation may be a bit awkward, the house is listed, south-east facing and has a very short garden. A dish at the front of the house is out of the question and a dish on the garden wall at the rear may or may not get a signal (the house is a three storey and the garden is very short). However some neighbours up the road do have dishes on the rear wall.

The guy from Signal Solutions suggested that it may be possible to attach the dish onto the rear wall of the house just under the eves (see crude sketch below). The pole would cantilever out and then up so that the dish can point towards the front of the house. Again, has anyone any experience of this type of set up?
    157447.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Never heard of Satellite solutions Cork. But if you ment www.signalsolutions.tv then you wont be disapointed this guy comes highly recommended and the Quote he gave you would be bang for the Job thats supply Equipment, Dish, Dual LNB, 2 top of the range satellite receivers and a Standoff bracket plus installation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

If it is indeed signal solutions then I would say the advice given is 100% accurate. Signal Solutions are a highly regarded company who have been in business a long time and are members of the ISAA.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Hi guys,
    thanks for the replies. Apologies, the company is Signal Solutions as you said.

The guy I spoke to on the phone (Ian?) seemed to know his stuff. Hopefully he'll have a look tomorrow and let me know which method will work. Will let ye know how I get on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Anybody if these Guys cover Kerry? - I need to get someone to fix up a Motorised rig that the storm put out of alignment last Spring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭ISAA

Check ISAA web site for business in kerry.

regards,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Stinicker wrote: »
    Anybody if these Guys cover Kerry? - I need to get someone to fix up a Motorised rig that the storm put out of alignment last Spring.

Try Billy at HRI services

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

So anyway, Ian from Signal Solutions came and fitted the FTA for us. He was able to cannibalise an old Sky dish which brought the final cost down to €300 (for TV in two rooms).

Nice guy, definitely knew his stuff and a lot neater than your typical UPC/Sky installer. On a side note, we have UPC but originally asked Sky to install a dish. The Sky installer came but told us that it was impossible to get Sky with a dish in the back garden. Took Ian all of a minute to find the Sky signal.

So anyway, finally a good experience with a service provider :D

P.s. Could a mod please change the company name in the Thread title and the OP title to Signal Solutions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Ian's frighteningly good alright. The install he did for me - which was a complicated one - is still standing strong despite getting battered and beaten by all the storms, ice, and rain we've had.

Advertisement