Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTPing to a TEST PS2?

Options
  • 03-05-2011 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

Hey guys, thought someone here might know (there's very little googleable info)..I picked up a TEST ps2 recently (model DTL-H30102).

The thing plays any disc you can throw at it. It also came with a HDD as standard.

Does anyone knows if the HDD was included for FTPing over test software, or was it just there in case the person using it happened to be testing a game which required the HDD?

I want to get this connected up to my PC and am just wondering if I should following the normal procedure as you would with a PS2 or if there's anything special that can be done with a TEST unit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Not a whole heap can be done with them I'm afraid. They had some DRM stuff removed so they could play demos in dev houses before getting them signed by PS2 SDK tools. You can stream graphics and data to them through USB/Firewire but require a setup for this (e.g. a development PS2).

Other than that I've no idea, not a whole lot different to a standard PS2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thanks for the info! I guess they don't really require that much ability when the main dev tool system has a ps2 strapped to the side of it for testing purposes.

Still, I think I'll try to sort out getting it running software from the HDD. Save that lovely (crappy) sony laser :)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

one of these? http://rareps2.wikispaces.com/Playstation+2+Test+Console

Cool! : )

(Was going to be a "what's it look like?" post, but I remembered Google existed)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yep, that's the one! Stuck up a pic over here -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71700445&postcount=3096

I must take some better/videogame pr0n type photos :D

I wanted to get a harddrive for my ps2 to stick it in my arcade cab and run ps2 shooters..but I've also wanted a TEST PS2 for a few years. So when I saw a combination of both I couldn't resist! :D

Advertisement