Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of an extension`

• 03-05-2011 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

We are thinking of puting an extension onto our house. Approx 30 x 20. Comprising of 1 bedroom, 1 ensuite and 2 walk in wardrobes (1 to be incorporated to an existing bedroom. Three windows. Single storey. Can somebody give me a rough cost please? Im clueless so I need to get an idea of costs. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Got something like this done a while back
    Quotes varied from 25 - 38k.

Finally got a latvian team to do it for 16K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

To builders finish, taking a conservative figure of 50 euro per sq ft (houses are priced at the 70 - 80 mark) you are looking at 600 sq ft @ 50 euro/sqft = 30,000.

You, can im sure get it done for less, but to get qualified tradesmen with insurance i dont see it being any less than that

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pacino

Thanks for that. Any chance of a breakdown of d various jobs involved?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Plans drawings
    engineer / planning permission
    Groundwork / foundations
    blockwork
    roofing
    windows
    services ie plumbing electrics
    plasterboard / plastering internal and external
    second fix carpentry..doors skirting floors

i cant price that as i dont know the plans of the house site conditions etc etc, but the overall price is a rough guide

Advertisement