Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 YLOD Repair....anyone reball?

Options
  • 03-05-2011 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a YLOD phat PS3 (80GB..I think) that has been "repaired" by doing a reflow. It lasted a few months but went YLOD again recently.

I wouldn't mind getting it up and running again but I would like to have it reballed instead of reflowed as i believe this is a much better fix.

I see a few members are offering a reball service in here and wondered if it would be possible to just send the board instead of the whole PS3? This would obviously save on shipping costs?

I have access to proper ESD packaging and it would be very well protected.

Conact me via PM or here if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
    Moo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Only person I've seen on here doing it is Consolepros, but they don't have enough posts to make a post on the Services sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

to be honest your going to have a hard time getting someone to reball a ps3 because the bga pads are very light and rip like mad.
    Reballing a xbox is childs play compared to a ps3.
    And even then its incredibly hard

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

to be honest your going to have a hard time getting someone to reball a ps3 because the bga pads are very light and rip like mad.
    Reballing a xbox is childs play compared to a ps3.
    And even then its incredibly hard
    No if you own good equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

tv docentore is offerimg it too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

On a PS3? I knew he was offering it on 360s. Sorry dude :D

• Advertisement

Np tv I only seen it in his add the other day aswell:D

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

joker@ wrote: »
    No if you own good equipment.
    Lifting the chip of the board is the easy part any half decent bga rework station can do that
    the hard part is cleaning the motherboard and attaching the chip it dosent matter what equipment you have its still incredibly hard.
    The bga pads on the ps3 are really light and even the motion of running the soldering iron over the pads can rip pads if you drop concentration for even a second... they are that light :eek:
    A 360 is childs play to reball in comparison and even then it takes a good bit of practice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

hence the higher price ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

I got the YLOD earlier this year. Just sell it, you'll get €60 for it. The slims are less prone to YLOD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Consolepros

Marsden wrote: »
    I got the YLOD earlier this year. Just sell it, you'll get €60 for it. The slims are less prone to YLOD

We're seeing more and more YLOD on slim console's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hey Console pros, feel free to post up an ad in the sicky if you wish, the rule is stop people taking the piss, but youve been around a good while and im not going to penalise you for not spam posting to get the numbers up!

well done witnessmenow he seems like a member who should stick-around and he,s only 15 posts away lol :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

We're seeing more and more YLOD on slim console's.

Its not only Ylod,I had 4 this year with no hdmi video signal,all slims.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

massy086 wrote: »
    well done witnessmenow he seems like a member who should stick-around and he,s only 15 posts away lol :D:D

15 posts away to what?? 2nd page is not great place :P

Advertisement