Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tile Retailers?

• 03-05-2011 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Have to tile kitchen & utility floors with tiles (economically).

Asides from TubsNTiles & Right Price Tiles ... are there any other places we should look for deals?

Live in Dunboyne.
    Work in Sandyford.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I have tiles I lifted from the kitchen and wc that I'm getting rid of. They would need to be cleaned but you're welcome to them if you want - http://www.freetradeireland.ie/item_detail.php?item_id=67203

Don't know how big the kitchen is but you prob wouldn't get the whole area done (as a lot broke when being removed) but I think they're still on sale in right price tiles. Might save you a few bob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Lots in your area

eg Vogue in blanchardstown

Allied bathrooms in trim

Lots around navan.

You can never look too much for tiles.

Then all do different stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭DaDa

sept09baby wrote: »
    I have tiles I lifted from the kitchen and wc that I'm getting rid of. They would need to be cleaned but you're welcome to them if you want - http://www.freetradeireland.ie/item_detail.php?item_id=67203

Don't know how big the kitchen is but you prob wouldn't get the whole area done (as a lot broke when being removed) but I think they're still on sale in right price tiles. Might save you a few bob

Offer is much appreciated, but the less work the better (for me) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭DaDa

Right Price Tiles were unbeatable in the end. €125 (pre VAT) deal for Tiles, Adhesive & Grout. With that we get to do the WC, Utility room & Kitchen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

DaDa wrote: »
    Right Price Tiles were unbeatable in the end. €125 (pre VAT) deal for Tiles, Adhesive & Grout. With that we get to do the WC, Utility room & Kitchen.

I know. I seen those deals buts i know tilers that wont use them. They argue that the cost of rectifying the mistake from poor quality is far more expensive.

However if you ask me.... A deal is a deal and once you buy a few extra you should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

A tiler I know refers to certain inexpensive tiles as 'banana tiles'. This epithet relates to the curvature of these floor coverings. This curvature is a problem for laying large tiles. Tiles which are not fully square might be another issue to look out for.

I would go to tilestyle in Ballymount. They have half-price sales every so often.

Advertisement