Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate Universe S02E19 Blockade **Spoilers**

Options
  • 03-05-2011 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭

DgPeT.png

Destiny is attacked by drone ships while attempting to recharge its power reserves, forcing most of the crew to gate to a nearby planet while Eli tries a risky alternative.

Damn fine episode! Angrier each week that it got canned :(

What did you think of Stargate Universe S02E19 Blockade? 46 votes

Sunkissed
    0%
    Lt. Boobs!
    65%
    suttyYakuza_Kaiser_The_BullmansomujSarnRichard DowerDiddy KongOmegaRedSherifualastair_doomDingDongcooperguyGoldsteindeman5starpoolphill106smellslikeshoesmickoneill30Conor108 30 votes
    McKay
    30%
    D-GenerateSimiBabyEaterVolvagia[Deleted User]The Gnomered davejohnnysmackTakeTheVeilFreudianSlippersTheKellsSudden Valleyoff.the.wallsBogsnorkler 14 votes
    Rushed
    4%
    TheIrishGroverhightower1 2 votes
    Yay, only one left
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Lt. Boobs!
    Excellent episode this week, possibly one of the best. A great mix of adventure, tension, action and even some humour.

I presume Gauntlet is going to be their equivalent of Scorpion? It looks like they're getting deeper into drone space and they'll hardly be able to cross it in one jump.

Every episode makes me hate that it was cancelled even more.

Damn you SyFy, damn you to hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Lt. Boobs!
    Excellent episode. Can't believe there is only one episode left. Thought Rush was especially good in this. I liked the way he was praising Eli at the end.

It must have been some kind of super bag that they were putting veggies in cause it still looked in good condidtion when she left the dome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Lt. Boobs!
    excellent episode...SGU just seems to pick so much in the 2nd half of the season. i haz a sad now that it's almost over :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Excellent ep. So p!ssed its ending. What was that ship at the end I wonder? Didn't look like a control ship, perhaps a ship of the race that created the drones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Sarn

Lt. Boobs!
    Great episode. Good blend of action and tension. Rush's return to decency is coming along nicely.

I just new something was going to happen to Park, all I could think of when they were collecting the veg in the dome was, put a large object in the door to stop it from closing you fools!

Yay, 1000th post (finally).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Lt. Boobs!
    damn syfy, looks a its a science fiction channel thats doesnt do sci-fi,

another excellent episode this week, i wonder did the decentdants acidentally move to a planet close to another alien races home world, that could have been a novis ship, or another alien race that is hunting down the drone ships,

it really is a shame syfy didnt give this a better shot, or the fact that the writers went so off base with the storyline, this is stargate, so write stargate scripts fools,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

McKay
    The cynic in me thinks the only reason we are getting decent storylines now is because the writers have to wrap things up. I imagine if they had been given another season things would have continued at the same snail pace that it was up until 5 episodes ago. If it had had this writing from the get go or even from the start of Season 2 then it wouldn't be getting cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Lt. Boobs!
    D-Generate wrote: »
    The cynic in me thinks the only reason we are getting decent storylines now is because the writers have to wrap things up. I imagine if they had been given another season things would have continued at the same snail pace that it was up until 5 episodes ago. If it had had this writing from the get go or even from the start of Season 2 then it wouldn't be getting cancelled.
    im sure these episodes were filmed before syfy dropped the axe, i was debating not to watch the second half of the season at all, i know its gonna end on a cliffhanger, but this has been some of the best stargate in years,

its just a horrible way for such a massive fanchise to go out, atlantis and universe not getting the ending they deserve, and the fans being played with by the showrunners with false hope of films to finnish them off, ****ers

Lt. Boobs!
    There also apparently not giving us season 2 of Universe on Blu-Ray :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Lt. Boobs!
    That was a great ep! Last 3/4 have been really good! And yeah weren't they in post-production for Gauntlet or something when SyFy cancelled?

I was thinking they were gonna do a short FTL jump (Like in Twin Destinies) and just jump past the drones nearer or even into the star.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Rushed
    Another boring episode that had nothing to do with the main story behind the show and the constant string of episodes that have had nothing to do with it just makes it feel like the writers have an attention span the length of a 5 year olds and makes the show feel like its pussy footing about talking about anything and everything it possibly can except destinies origin / mission. Glad they brought this donkey out back and shot it in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Lt. Boobs!
    hightower1 wrote: »
    Another boring episode that had nothing to do with the main story behind the show and the constant string of episodes that have had nothing to do with it just makes it feel like the writers have an attention span the length of a 5 year olds and makes the show feel like its pussy footing about talking about anything and everything it possibly can except destinies origin / mission. Glad they brought this donkey out back and shot it in the face.
    but they were planning on SGU continuing for another 3 seasons...think back to SG1, and whether the episode structure was the same to this. i watched the first 3 seasons of SG1 before i gave up on it because there was little to no story arc/development to it for at least 3/4 of each of those seasons. it was covered in the season premiers and 2/3 episodes at the end...the rest was all filler. maybe it improved in later seasons, but i wasn't wasting my time watching it if it wasn't.

relating to the episode itself, wondering why the ancient space suits wouldn't have polarised visors on them. if you're going to be in space, seems like you'd want to protect your eyes...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

whiteman19 wrote: »

relating to the episode itself, wondering why the ancient space suits wouldn't have polarised visors on them. if you're going to be in space, seems like you'd want to protect your eyes...

fun trivia, the sun visors on spacesuit helmets aren't polarized, they are actually sheets of gold that are hammered so thin you can see through them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Rushed
    whiteman19 wrote: »
    but they were planning on SGU continuing for another 3 seasons...think back to SG1, and whether the episode structure was the same to this. i watched the first 3 seasons of SG1 before i gave up on it because there was little to no story arc/development to it for at least 3/4 of each of those seasons. it was covered in the season premiers and 2/3 episodes at the end...the rest was all filler. maybe it improved in later seasons, but i wasn't wasting my time watching it if it wasn't.

See.... SG1 had a premise not a plot line. The premise being the fight against the go'uld and the search for a weapon against them. It was a simple direction / backround for the show where as with destiny the mission was a full on plot as it encompassed the origin of the ship, reasons for its continued existence and gave a clear reason for all the charecters to be there / continue on. Well.... or so one would think. It seems like they unlease the plot for stargate universe in an EP , sounds great, could really give the show focus and direction and THEN they dont ever touch on it again? Its meerly used as a tagline for when the ship is in danger or someone wants to leave.... "what about the mission" ..... that looses a lot of weight if we never see ya do anything to flesh out the mission in any signifigant way.

Lt. Boobs!
    Conor108 wrote: »
    That was a great ep! Last 3/4 have been really good! And yeah weren't they in post-production for Gauntlet or something when SyFy cancelled?

I think they had shot everything and were working on the special effects so probably. They had certainly said there wouldn't be any modification to the script to accommodate the cancellation.
    Conor108 wrote: »
    I was thinking they were gonna do a short FTL jump (Like in Twin Destinies) and just jump past the drones nearer or even into the star.

I was expecting the same, just jump straight into the star.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

McKay
    but they have no choice of leaving, staying on Destiny is there only chance of ever making it home to Earth. Staying alive to get home is as much a storyline as finding out about the signal. They were expecting to get 3 more seasons so I don't see how you can expect most episodes to deal with the purpose of Destiny.

I enjoyed this episode, though what kind of water was that?! Why didn't it just boil away completely, wasn't it like 300-400 degrees in that room?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Lt. Boobs!
    TheKells wrote: »
    but they have no choice of leaving, staying on Destiny is there only chance of ever making it home to Earth. Staying alive to get home is as much a storyline as finding out about the signal. They were expecting to get 3 more seasons so I don't see how you can expect most episodes to deal with the purpose of Destiny.

I enjoyed this episode, though what kind of water was that?! Why didn't it just boil away completely, wasn't it like 300-400 degrees in that room?

I thought the water would be deeper than that..she was sticking half out of it..thought she was gonna die for sure..good episode..the spaceship coming down at the end reminded me of the Asgard landing in 'Thor's Chariot'.

Any great episode...but that Morrison guy..they should have knocked him out from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

TheKells wrote: »

Air temp of 300*C+. The walls/floor/tank wouldn't necessarily reach such a temperature, though the water probably would boil off.

Why didnt they vent the chamber in advance? she could stand there and only get hot from contact with the floor and radiation, not a ****load of conduction into the suit....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

McKay
    So glad they decided to make good episodes now that it's cancelled :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Easily one of my fave SciFi shows of recent years. I don't see how they're going to wrap it all up on one last episode, will it even be feature-length?

• Advertisement

Lt. Boobs!
    Easily one of my fave SciFi shows of recent years. I don't see how they're going to wrap it all up on one last episode, will it even be feature-length?

They're not wrapping it up, just like Atlantis it will be unfinished.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

They're not wrapping it up, just like Atlantis it will be unfinished.
    Ugh...

I assumed when it was cancelled things would be changed to make sure it's wrapped up.

Lt. Boobs!
    Ugh...

I assumed when it was cancelled things would be changed to make sure it's wrapped up.

I believe most of the principle photography had been done when it was cancelled meaning the show was pretty much locked in at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

McKay
    good episode especially the Ghost town feel.

Sad that there's only one more :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Really like it, also like the way the lead Varro to James as it was shown they eventually get together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

McKay
    Very good episode indeed. I think the show is very underrated. Maybe only when it's gone will it get the acknowledgments it deserves...or maybe not.
    Such a shame anyways.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Lt. Boobs!
    Excellent ep. Lisa Park is very cute...tense episode, good action, top votes from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Lt. Boobs!
    Great episode. I loved the attention to detail in the ghost town - the evolution of English with the descendants - "Draxxon Elektroniks", "Bukkeeping" (shop signs) and "ATAK" (the headline in the newspaper).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Finally re-watched it. Smashing episode - great pacing in this one, never a dull moment. The drones were at their most interesting by being a menacing presence that was primarily off screen.
    The bit in the Destiny, gathering fuel, was particularly well done although I'm surprised still that the Ancients hadn't incorporated some sort of sun protection feature into their suits, what with their ability to punch wormholes between galaxies. The scene with the gardens going up in flames was beautiful, even if it was interrupted by Park's screams.
    Oh and whatever that score that was used at the beginning and again on the Destiny towards the end - love it.

And so as not to spoil my mood, I'm now going to pretend the next episode is only a season finale and not a series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

Lt. Boobs!
    I've just watched the 9 episodes since episode 10 before the mid-season break in the last two days, probably not the smartest considering I've an exam on Wednesday. :(

Nonetheless, you can add me to the list of those who are annoyed at it being cancelled, it only really took off with the second season.

Advertisement