Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website still not indexed by google

Options
  • 03-05-2011 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Ive recently worked on a site that was just a static page for the last 7-8years.

Its been up for the past 5weeks and has still not been indexed. Ive done some link building but not much. Could the fact that this has been static for so long be slowing down the index process?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

I believe that google does index based on the frequency of content changing. Hence as you say, if the site has being static for 7 years, Google has probably got it listed in its low frequency indexing list.

Have you added the site to the various Google SEO tools? LIke http://webmaster.google.com ? This provides basic information on when the site was last spidered, and various other search information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

As fergusb suggests, add the site to Google's SEO tools and take a look at the information and errors there. Then generate a Sitemap for your site if you haven't already done so - this should help get Google crawl the site better.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭flashforward

Site has been up for 3 days on webmaster tools but shows 'No data available' on Search queries, Links to your site, Crawl errors and Keywords.

I have linked the sitemap and its been checked.

Crawl errors shows 'no crawl errors'
    Crawl stats show that 138 pages were crawled around the time when the site was uploaded, average of 17 pages per day, theres no May data yet.

Yelp.ie is even returning higher than my site when i search for the business name (which is the domain name!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 study68

I have also seen google crawl based on frequency of content changing.. add site map as suggested..

Advertisement