Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oi'll have a point of ken..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I was shocked (being a nordy and all that) to overhear a D4 girl ordering chips and asking for "salt and vinny".

Imagine that....an orange faced ugg wearer....eating CHIPS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

I started this rant about the d4 accent on the ranting and raving forum(wheres it gone btw?).I hate the accent:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Who drinks Heineken anyway? Paulaner is far superior. As long as it's the one with alcohol in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Confab wrote: »
    Who drinks Heineken anyway? Paulaner is far superior. As long as it's the one with alcohol in it.

Funny you say that - I'm having a few Paulies just now! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Fops to the left, dandies to the right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Friend of mine years ago was working behind the bar in a pub in Galway.

A young Dublin fellow asked her for two pints of Probo (this is what the young Dublin fellows were calling Carlsberg at the time).

She fixes him with a stare and says, "What did you order?"
    Young Dublin fellow, slightly taken aback replies, "Eh..... two pints of Carlsberg."
    "In future order pints like a normal person or you won't be getting served.

LMAO.
    That would be bloody funny to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Uck pint of probably, hoors delight, MGD (or even worse as it's not intentional, Millers)

You know on it's own it's not the worst thing in the world but often it's a spa ordering or some smart arse seeing can he catch you out. And it is not restricted to Dublin unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Is it our friends Ross, Fionn, Oisin, JP, etc that we have to thank for calling Heineken Ken ?

That's where I heard it first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Ah for those of us who dont live in the Pale. When did it start been called Ken?? and why??:confused:

When I order Guinness I dont say can I have a Dave please!

It's news for some of us inside the Pale too.

Why is Guinness called Dave?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

:D:D:D:D

Great thread. Very good laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

One of the guys at the bar: "Ah, Jonathan - what ore we having?"

They're all called fookin' Jonathan, aren't they!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Jesus, you are more easily offended than a Victorian Era Debutante.

"Why Mr D'Arcy, i do believe your hand is on my vagina".
    My granny slapped the doctor when he said she had 'acute angina'.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Was in the bar in Trinity on Friday and the toff-ish looking guy beside me asked for ''four bavs there please pol''
    Can they not just say Bavaria and not sound like total cúnts?!

Wait a minute, your calling them toffs and they're drinking Bavaria? Something doesnt add up there!!

I wonder are the toffs having a similar conversation elsewhere about being in a toff bar...eh howl at the moon and saying, "Roight, so this chap, if you could call him that haw haw, walks in and orders a pint of Heineken. I mean, what is he loike, Heineken. So emborassing for him!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

somebody who drinks lager might not necessarily want to drink wheat beer. But yes i agree with you, Paulaner is a fine beverage. Just a pity it's owned by, surprise surprise, Heineken.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

hardCopy wrote: »
    H-Bomb.
    chughes wrote: »
    Ken.
    Heineken.
    Hoino.
    Heino.
    keano_afc wrote: »
    Vitamin H.

Pish - no matter what people call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Wait a minute, your calling them toffs and they're drinking Bavaria? Something doesnt add up there!!

I wonder are the toffs having a similar conversation elsewhere about being in a toff bar...eh howl at the moon and saying, "Roight, so this chap, if you could call him that haw haw, walks in and orders a pint of Heineken. I mean, what is he loike, Heineken. So emborassing for him!!"

They all drink Bav in the Pav

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Funny you say that - I'm having a few Paulies just now! ;)
    Or a pint of "Exclusion Principle" as it is known (OK maybe not, OK I'll get my coat now ...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭tippniall

I blame Ross O Carroll Kelly for this!

We abbreviate or put slang names on things constantly in everyday life, why is it such an issue when its drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

tippniall wrote: »
    I blame Ross O Carroll Kelly for this!

This is the point I made back in post #39 but in a more subtle way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Barman should given them pints of Kilkenny.

and make them drink it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭tippniall

chughes wrote: »
    This is the point I made back in post #39 but in a more subtle way.

Sorry never noticed yours, but its true...made it spread like wildfire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

We abbreviate or put slang names on things constantly in everyday life, why is it such an issue when its drinks.

These are cheesy short lived bullcrap slangs theres your answer

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭BickNarry

Any time someone orders a 'Sudi' off me I tell them we don't stock anything by that name.

Bav- fair enough, abreviation like Bud.

I'd just like to know why northsiders are obsessed with the Bud Ice Cold tap. They can't get enough of it. Pointing at it, touching it, reiterating every time they order a pint that it's Bud ICE COLD that they want...

Advertisement