Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about construction studies brief.

• 03-05-2011 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭

Lads anyone know if you can use coloured a4 pages? Like I was thinking of writing on a blank white a4 page and cutting it out and pritsticking it to a coloured page, anyone know if your allowed do this? :pac:

Bit late to be starting the brief but better late than never :cool:.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I dunno if there's a rule saying you can't. I'd be dubious about pritsticking pages though, I'm pretty sure I wasn't allowed do that for the DCG brief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

A lot of people in my year in their briefs have leaflets on different aspects of knowledge of construction ( insulation, blockwork, sustainable energy etc.) that they have collected from around and have write ups on key findings and details. I assumed this was because they were doing the house plans and since i was doing furniture in the woodcraft category I didnt need them. My teacher told me as such yet most of the people in the other class ( both classes honours level) say its required and I'm inclined to believe their teacher over mine as he knows people in the department. So I'm just wondering is it a required section in the brief regardless of it's relevance to my project? Sorry if the post is a bit long

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bfitz_g

Your teacher is right, think about it where are you going to get infromation leaflets on a furniture project. The only thing similar for a furniture project could be plans from magasines or books or woodwork joints or something like that.

Advertisement