Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where have the Waves gone?

Options
  • 03-05-2011 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Is this what it's like over the summer? I started last august and winter was class, but in the last 2 months its been rubbish :( Do people surf much in the summer? Would it be worth getting a 9ft long board for summer months? I am on a 7"6 NSP at the moment

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭will3k

2 months???
    Where've you been? Been one of the best months of clean surf I can remember :D

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭lamai

will3k wrote: »
    2 months???
    Where've you been? Been one of the best months of clean surf I can remember :D

With those winds? Was actually good for a week, but apart from that I didn't get much. dying to get out:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

been terrible last few months,hopefully will pick up again but reckon will go dead again for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tonyfillony

its all about the long drives, there hasn't been much here in cork for last month or so , so i have been taking spins to kerry alot. inch and castlegregory are beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

Ask anyone on the west coast - this has been one of the best few months on the back end of a winter - dont know where ye have been looking the last two months.

Either Lahinch area or Bundoran area have been offshore so much of recent times.

The conditions have literally just turned this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

lamai wrote: »
    Is this what it's like over the summer? I started last august and winter was class, but in the last 2 months its been rubbish :( Do people surf much in the summer? Would it be worth getting a 9ft long board for summer months? I am on a 7"6 NSP at the moment

Are you for real??? that was an epic weekend. It has been offshore for the last two weeks. The surf has been epic. Don't know where you have been looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭will3k

With those winds? Was actually good for a week, but apart from that I didn't get much. dying to get out:mad:

OK :D
    Love to know where you guys are getting your info, so I can point more people to it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

I'm sure it's been a good few weeks over the west coast, but for those of us who can't get over to the west for whatever reasons, and have to make do with whatever is going in the southeast, for example, it's been dead as a doornail. Such is life on the SE coast - at least there's a few waves this week!

will3k wrote: »
    OK :D
    Love to know where you guys are getting your info, so I can point more people to it ;)

I have not been able to out alot but when I wanted to get out over the last few months it been too windy or windy onshore/ crossshore. I surf in inshowen so I am not facing west. Anyway I want to get out now!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This is probably the first week I haven't had a good surf since christmas. Don't know what yer on about, I had five days of clean surf last week alone and maybe 2 or 3 a week before that for the last 2 months!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

There's no pleasing some people:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I have not been able to out alot but when I wanted to get out over the last few months it been too windy or windy onshore/ crossshore. I surf in inshowen so I am not facing west. Anyway I want to get out now!!

Take a spin in the car, if I want to go surfing I've to drive for 3 hours + and blow a tank of diesel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

:D:D:D

..... looks like everyone's getting great surf except the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

I'd say what some consider a good clean surf, others consider bad... how many times have this happened to you: park the car, re-check conditions on your phone, sigh because forecast got it wrong and you know it won't get any bigger than 1ft and as you drive away someone is suiting up all excited about the conditions ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd say what some consider a good clean surf, others consider bad... how many times have this happened to you: park the car, re-check conditions on your phone, sigh because forecast got it wrong and you know it won't get any bigger than 1ft and as you drive away someone is suiting up all excited about the conditions ?

Not once!! Clean is clean man! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Guess over head glass is not everyones cuppa tea:)

I had a good surf last week, not been able to get out alot but, when i did it was rubbish. Wrong timing probably. Need a hit now though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I had a good surf last week, not been able to get out alot but, when i did it was rubbish. Wrong timing probably. Need a hit now though

You need to do your home work and learn how to read the forecast so that you go when there is good surf don't miss out on home life and surfing.

The last few trips I had were good at least one of the surfs, but there was always a dud where the wind or swell was wrong - still I'm happy I got a good surf and half the time when it looks crap you still get one or two cracking waves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 piddles

Jeez i've been having a great time the past few weeks too good of time perhaps :D. Although i have to say my body is thanking this flat spell we are having, pains in my shoulder, lower back and bruises on my legs and feet, my left foot is one big bruise, right ankle is bruised bad as well. I have no idea how i end up with these bruises as i never feel them happening when i am in the water.

Anyway flat flat flat it seems for Women's surf weekend in Enniscrone this weekend, grrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Water was fantastic recently, with all the sun. There is some swell forecasted for Tramore this weekend, but working on Saturday, I don't think I'll go down. We will see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 ben bennett

surfed two foot shoulder high cornish this evening, clean as, little cover ups and only three out , pumphouse and outer cornish and creg all doing the same , small will do when its like that, couldnt have enjoyed it more. Been firing for weeks, need to get on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Have to agree with everyone else on this thread, bar a few days last week its been a great month/six weeks or so! Woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

Grand for ye, it's been shocking in cork! Swell's back this week though....with the obligitory driving onshores *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

gerk86 wrote: »
    Grand for ye, it's been shocking in cork! Swell's back this week though....with the obligitory driving onshores *sigh*

I live in Westmeath... travel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

is it me or nothing at the south-west coast this weekend ?

Advertisement