Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsure put too proud to ask:) BB and I Phone

Options
  • 03-05-2011 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

I am in contact again with someone from the uk. Its costing me a fortune. I have a Nokia e4 and they have a blackberry. I pay about 40 a month pay as u go.. MAX.. He give me is bb pin. Now id be more into an i phone. Can you get an app that allows free texting to any network in Ireland on this. And how does this whole bb pin thing work. Can I use a bb pin and message from the iphone for free. I know I should ask but ehhh.. I dont want to appear thick. I was going to get the free I phone from 3g and sign for the 2 year contract.

Any help is appreciated..:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you go with 3 you can call the UK with your flexi untis so nothing will get piled on top of your bill. You can use what'sapp for texting iphones around the word for free and viber for free worldwide iphone calls.

It uses 2 flexi untis for UK calls instead of one, you also get free voice and data roaming in the uk when your there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭mazroo

If you go with 3 you can call the UK with your flexi untis so nothing will get piled on top of your bill. You can use what'sapp for texting iphones around the word for free and viber for free worldwide iphone calls.

It uses 2 flexi untis for UK calls instead of one, you also get free voice and data roaming in the uk when your there.

wow thats good init.. I have lots of mates here and oz with I phones so thats handy to know.. what about bb to iphone? I was looking and live profile says its free messenger so i was wondering is it really free or is there an extra cost to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

mazroo wrote: »
    wow thats good init.. I have lots of mates here and oz with I phones so thats handy to know.. what about bb to iphone? I was looking and live profile says its free messenger so i was wondering is it really free or is there an extra cost to it?

Year the likes of Live Profile, and PingChat etc. will work cross platform for free. All it requires is an Internet connection (3G or WiFi) and away you go. All that is needed is the both of you to have the app installed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭mazroo

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Year the likes of Live Profile, and PingChat etc. will work cross platform for free. All it requires is an Internet connection (3G or WiFi) and away you go. All that is needed is the both of you to have the app installed. :)

Right u should be on commission :) nearly sold.. Im assuming when it says unlimited data that its has wifi all the time? Is that right:)

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

mazroo wrote: »
    Right u should be on commission :) nearly sold.. Im assuming when it says unlimited data that its has wifi all the time? Is that right:)

Well you don't have WiF as that's the data that's in your home. That's always free once you're paying Eircom or whatever for your broadband. Unlimited Data with 3 is really 10GB per month. Which is way more than you'll actually use. That's 3G not WiFi but yeah it'll be 'free' as long ad you're paying your contract each month and it's a part of your package.

• Advertisement
Advertisement