Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you Playing? (May 2011 Edition)

Options
  • 03-05-2011 3:41pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Following on from last month, what are you playing this month?

I've decided to take a step back from newer games, currently playing Persona 3 on the PSP, Pokémon Colosseum on the GC mixed in with a bit of Portal 2 and Minecraft.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Infinity engine marathon for me:
    • Planescape Torment
    • Baldur's Gate 2
    • Icewind Dale 2

I've been watching some of the Let's Plays on youtube and they're great when you get a good commentator.

Enjoying BG2 again but you forget how slooooow it takes to accomplish anything. Took me 2 hours last night to do one simple quest. I enter an area, kill a load of bad guys, spend the next 20 minutes spec'ing out my party with the absolute best combo of weapons/spells then get another quest and same again. None of this fast-travel stuff with the infinity engine games either. Forgot that bastard sword +3 you meant to bring? cue 4 loading screens and a couple of random battles to get back to your store chest, re-spec a few chars, then forget what you were doing in the first place...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

about to finish Alan Wake, one episode left (not including the dlc)
    still dipping in and out of MK, will play it more when psn is back up, bored of playing the console opponents.
    Started Red Dead Redemption but had to return it so picked it up again, didnt get too far into it just past the 2nd chapter so once I have Alan Wake done will start that again, fantastic game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Portal 2, Crysis 2, Anno 1404...

And my regular Bad Company 2 and Fifa 11

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Valkyria Chronicles 2 on the PSP which is fantastic.

Yoshi's Island for the SNES, one of the best platformers ever made.

Playing a bit of Shining Force 2 as well, still fantastic if simplistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Portal 2, Mortal Kombat and Outland on the 360. I'm also half way through my first game of Mass Effect - I need to get back to that soon or I never will.

Still playing Hydroventure on the Wii.

On the DS, I'm playing Monster Tale (a metroidvania game by the guys who made Henry Hatsworth).

On my ipod, I'm playing World of Goo, Land-a Panda (new level pack due today), Across Age DX, Flick Golf and Gears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Valkyria Chronicles 2 psp, got it few months ago but bout 4 hours into it , loved the first one more but this is equally as good

Yakuza 4 ps3 , 37 hours in still half way through it

Portal 2 , still waiting for the psn to come up to play the co op, single player was good

Mortal Kombat brilliant , again waiting for the online now to come back up

Tomb Raider triliogy 4 hours into anniversary

White knight chronicles. havent played it yet

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Portal 2, Minecraft, Battlefield Play4Free are definites and am hoping to get Crysis 2 and Bulletstorm finished as well as getting some Star Craft 2 practice in for the LAN later this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Fifa 11, Portal 2, Pokémon Black.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Red Dead on the PS3 and Beyond Ynth on the ipod. Not much time for anything else unfortuantely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Mass Effect 2 on the PC. On my third playthrough at the moment. Loving it.
    Started Portal 2 on the PS3, but I wanted to have my first playthrough on the PC, but the PSN being down meant I couldnt do that.

Back to the Future episode 4

Broken Sword 2. Bought the Trilogy a month or two ago on special from GOG.com. Remember loving those games, but dont remember much about them. Enjoying slowly getting through them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Football Manager 11

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Firstly- Mortal Kombat. Been waiting forever for this game, and it hasn't disappointed. I reckon I'll clock up quite a few hours on this one.

CoD: Modern Warfare 2. Played through the first on recently, and thought, hell I might as well play the sequel to boot. Really enjoying the Spc Ops missions whenever I get some online time.

Mass Effect 2. Still playing this one, and still loving it.

Left 4 Dead- Always worth another play with a few mates online.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yakuza 4 and my regular FIFA 11.
    Bought Portal 2 today, looking forward to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Batman arkum asylum, brilliant game and dark void not sure ill continue that one not great, as always tiger woods 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Portal 2, working through the co-op chapters at the moment. Also dipping in and out of my second playthrough of Lost Odyssey & I have Mafia 2 sitting in wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dunnzer

nhl 11(but I never stop playing it).
    played the latest Gran Turismo last week for bout half an hour.
    Just waiting for La Noire to come out but I won't play that until after the Leaving Cert :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

luckyfrank wrote: »
    Batman arkum asylum, brilliant game and dark void not sure ill continue that one not great, as always tiger woods 2012

Dark Void isn't the most memorable game, but it's good harmless fun, I reckon. There are a few cool levels in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭sob1467

Fifa 11. In my 13th season. Unreal game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

iracing quite a bit lately www.iracing.com simply the best racing simulation ever created.

Single player:
    Recently started playing some games ive never finished namely Fallout 3,Mass Effect2, Crysis 2,Arkym Asylum,AVP.

Multiplayer :
    My usual suspects Team Fortress2,Bad Company2,Day of Defeat Source,Left 4 Dead2.
    Brink is out this month ,looking forward to that,ill probably get rage also.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Been playing a load of games I haven't finished (or started) over the last few years cos I haven't much money to spend on games atm and happily waiting for LA Noire.

Could never get into Bioshock when I got it preowned last year, but whipped it in for sheer lack of anything else to play. Suddenly got viciously addicted. Great game indeed. Finally I'm getting it.

Other than that -
    Chrono Trigger DS
    Undead Nightmare

mmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

exams at the moment so taking a two week break from games.
    But once they're done, I'm playing Alan Wake, have played the first two chapters so far and it scares the sh_te outta me. :)
    Also playing Chase the Express on my PS1 emulator, a game I loved when I was younger. Unfortunately, I could only find a German version of the game but how bad, the gameplay is still great, even if the cutscenes make no sense. :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Like a few others, waiting for PSN to come back to play Portal 2 co-op and getting back into boards nights.
    Tried playing Half-Life 2 (Orange Box) - but the loading every few mins pissed me off and gave up.
    Picked up The Chronicles of Riddick today. Am playing through Butcher Bay first - not bad for €10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Not a lot of change from last month.

Still hooked on Minecraft.

Still on Dragons Age 2 where im struggling to find motivation to finish what is a disappointingly boring game.

I'm about half way through Pokemon Fire Red.

I'm also after reinstalling Total War Medieval 2 with a mod that Allows me to play as Ireland in the Grand Campaign. I've kicked the English out of Ireland and sent an army to north america but eventually got kicked out of Cuba by the Aztecs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Pc: started playing wow now and then, but very very little doses.

Xbox: bc2/Vietnam - play damn alot of it. Specially if atleast one of the lads comes online.

Bioshock 1 - going on hard, doing achievements. Still same old good bioshock.

Shift 2 - some great driving and warrioring for seconds in events against lads. I love autolog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

F1ngers wrote: »
    Tried playing Half-Life 2 (Orange Box) - but the loading every few mins pissed me off and gave up.

Carry on with it, still easily the best fps I've ever played, the first few hours are slow but once really you get into it (roughly Ravenholm onwards) its simply epic.

Currently playing Portal 2 and bought Borderlands(on advise from this forum) earlier so got plenty to keep me occupied

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

MW2, still trying for that 10th prestige, just about to enter the 8th!!!

Started Uncharted 2 again during the week, and MK is still getting a play, waiting for psn like everyone else.

Awaiting LA Noire with extreme eagerness! But i've a serious amount of work that week so probably won't be able to play it until the Monday...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Have a few on the go right now but im really after getting into red faction guerilla. Itll tide me over til la noire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Dungeon Hunter Alliance (PS3) - Almost finished the single player as I wait for PSN to come back

Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - just started this. Am glad the dialogue is more mature than GTAIV, all that gangsta speak gets very tiresome (if you're not 13)

Football Manager 2011 (PC) - Finished my first season, as addictive as ever

Will probably start something on the DS soon (maybe Infinite Space) as I'm running out of books to keep me entertained on the bus

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

penev10 wrote: »
    Dungeon Hunter Alliance (PS3) - Almost finished the single player as I wait for PSN to come back

Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - just started this. Am glad the dialogue is more mature than GTAIV, all that gangsta speak gets very tiresome (if you're not 13)

Football Manager 2011 (PC) - Finished my first season, as addictive as ever

Will probably start something on the DS soon (maybe Infinite Space) as I'm running out of books to keep me entertained on the bus

There's not all that much 'gangsta speak' in GTA 4 dawg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

PS3:

Portal 2 - same story, waiting for co-op partners in crime! Best singleplayer game in quite some time!
    Just Cause 2 - for ****s and giggles. Good fun.

360:
    Death Smiles / Mushimesama Futari / Trouble Witches Neo! / Nin2Jump - my shooter / Cave playlist of the moment!

MegaDrive:
    Playing through a number of games in this. Got an original Japanese copy of MUSHA for a ludicrous price yesterday, delighted :) Also working through Earthworm Jim, Terminator 2 (compellingly dreadful) and a few others.

Wii / N64:
    Majoras Mask - long neglected, finally getting into it! An eccentric but brilliant Zelda game.

Advertisement