Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUI £££?

Options
  • 03-05-2011 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hello

Can anybody please tell me why three similar courses charge different fees.

Queens Belfast - £4,500
    Uni C. Cork - E5,500
    NUIMaynooth - £13,500!

That's a huge difference...Does Maynooth do something special or?
    Thanks, :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Hello

Can anybody please tell me why three similar courses charge different fees.

Queens Belfast - £4,500
    Uni C. Cork - E5,500
    NUIMaynooth - £13,500!

That's a huge difference...Does Maynooth do something special or?
    Thanks, :)

What's the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭StrawberryJazz

El Siglo wrote: »
    What's the course?

MA Composition

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

MA Composition

These bits caught my eye from the NUIM course;
    • Opportunities to have compositions performed.
    • Individual tutorial time with a designated advisor.
    • Access to studio space, with the possibility of working towards recording and production project

Also you need a 2.1 for it along with an interview, whereas UCC and QUB are asking for a 2.2 and the regular PAC/online application process. The NUIM one looks really intense and focussed in comparison to the other two, even the list of modules etc... There also appears to be more choice of options from the NUIM course as well. I'm not a music person at all, so it could be shite for all I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭StrawberryJazz

El Siglo wrote: »
    These bits caught my eye from the NUIM course;

Also you need a 2.1 for it along with an interview, whereas UCC and QUB are asking for a 2.2 and the regular PAC/online application process. The NUIM one looks really intense and focussed in comparison to the other two, even the list of modules etc... There also appears to be more choice of options from the NUIM course as well. I'm not a music person at all, so it could be shite for all I know.

Thank you for your insight :)

Advertisement