Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Saab 9-3 1.8t [2008] - thoughts?

Options
  • 03-05-2011 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I'm in the market for a new car, and came across this 2008 Saab 9-3 1.8t Linear (Business Edition). Don't worry about the foreign text btw!

On a personal level, I think it looks the business (pun!), and it should be more than enough for my needs (power / comfort). However, I don't know anyone with a 9-3 and would like to hear some feedback from current or previous owners.

Pros, cons, and what potential problems (turbo/timing belt/oil issues) to look out for would be a great help.

Other cars I'm thinking about are Honda Civic, Seat Leon, and the rather more dull Toyota Auris.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Not exactly what you're asking for but I had one of these for a couple of weeks recently as a temporary car. I was really impressed with the poke from this engine. It was pretty economical too even with a heavy foot. The down sides were the very fluffy and unresponsive steering and overall handling wasn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Eoinsku

Cheers. Just looking for some info regarding people's experiences with the car - what they liked, what they didn't like, what problems they encountered.

Similarly, if people have heard of major design/related issues that would also be good to know.

Advertisement