Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a bathroom heater

Options
  • 03-05-2011 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

The bathroom heater's thermostat is banjaxed and now it won't switch on. It was only 18 months old. What's a good brand of 2kW heater, say with 2 or 3 different heat settings? I had heard Glen Dimplex weren't as good as they used to be.

The one I have that's broken has no manufacturer name that I could see on it:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 needasparks

That is a good choice of heater you can get in any good wholesalers or DIY shop if you have any problem you can pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The Glen Dimplex heaters you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

we do the dimplex downflow 2kw and we've never had problems with them or any back as far as i can remember.think they cost approx 40 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

That is a good choice of heater you can get in any good wholesalers or DIY shop if you have any problem you can pm me

needasparks. Welcome to the forum. There is no need to offer advice via PM, the advice can be offered on the forum and shared with everyone, that is after all the whole point of this forum. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Can I please bump this to ask if anyone has an efficient smart looking Bathroom heater they would care to recommend?

- Bought a 2Kw Dimplex in the local Electrical wholsaler and to be honest it looks like cheap, low grade, Chinese pound shop trash and can't hang it so hope to return......

Would like to hear recs for anything that would do, inc halogen etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

we do the dimplex downflow 2kw and we've never had problems with them or any back as far as i can remember.think they cost approx 40 euro.

Have one of these and it is great. Have it a few years now and no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

All electrical heaters are automatically 100% efficient in one respect as all the electrical energy gets converted to heat within the room. Except for the small ohmic losses through the cables to the heater, and the inefficiencies of power generation. (which I think are more efficient than e.g. a fireplace with an ordinary chimney.

We ended up getting the dimplex heater. The case seems to be more robust than the previous heater. A tiny bit noisier than I expected, the heater we had nearly 20 years ago was only slightly noisier and I figured improvements would have been made by now! The noise is still quite low in comparison to the shower with pump built-in.

Advertisement