Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where Can I Buy Blank Video Tapes?

Options
  • 03-05-2011 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

It's such a simple item yet im having trouble finding them.:confused:I tried upstairs in easons,hmv,dunnes stores in edward square and the pound shops in Main guard and Eglinton Streets and they don't sell them.So does anyone know anywhere that sells them?

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Any large Tesco store with electronics should have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

It's such a simple item yet im having trouble finding them.:confused:I tried upstairs in easons,hmv,dunnes stores in edward square and the pound shops in Main guard and Eglinton Streets and they don't sell them.So does anyone know anywhere that sells them?

I'd try the 1990's :D.
    There's also some place on dominick street that does vhs to dvd conversions, so maybe they could help you out. It's there where Hynes used to be, opposite Arabica.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I got some on special offer a while back in Woodies in Wellpark

Zhivago have them atm, saw loads when I was in there two weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

I know but they will be closing down as soon as there stock clears.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

Pretty sure I saw VHS cassettes in LIDL last time i was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Yes but their stock (e.g. blank video tapes) need to clear first!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

I've seen em a couple of times in the 2 Euro shop. Could always pick up some cheap movies and record over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Yep, the Tesco at the magic round and round about have them! In the small shop that sells all things known to mankind....

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭samdeman

you should be able to get some in the museum down by spanish arch:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

• Registered Users Posts: 25 starship

got some lately in tesco, headford rd. and the euro shop in the same centre had them also:)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bildo

All it takes is a bit of sticky tape over the hole in the bottom of a write protected cassette to turn it into a non write protected set.
    You can buy old movies literally for free and tape over em, even come with boxes then. Don;t be wasting money on expensive new tapes!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What's a video? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Their "liquidation" sale has been going on for amount 2 months..... I can't see them closing down anytime soon. They surely must be getting in new stock! (maybe even new video tapes!) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

Tesco on the headford road have them i bought some myself there less than 2 weeks ago.

Advertisement