Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wont let me renew live membership.?

• 03-05-2011 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

hi
    my live membership is up on the 5th , so as i saw the deal for 3mths membership for 7.99 , i went out and bought 2100 msp with the intention of buying the DLC for black ops, i went to the redeem prepaid code filled it in but it wont renew , anyone got any info on how i can renew it on live . the points went on to my account and everything just wont let me buy live membership for some reason:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Do you get an error code? My only thoughts on this is that you tried to apply for something that you needed credit card details (f*ck that!). I remember seeing the 1e for a month live promotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

chin_grin wrote: »
    Do you get an error code? My only thoughts on this is that you tried to apply for something that you needed credit card details (f*ck that!). I remember seeing the 1e for a month live promotion.

seems a bit scamy to me , yes we have an option so you can redeem code from a prepaid card , but no it wont work that way for you , as all we want is credit card details so we can take money from your account every month ,(f*ck that is right)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

You can't use points to buy anything that has an actual price on Xbox LIVE. This is memberships and games on demand.

Yes they want your credit card as it's a subscription service. It's also down to the fact the offer you want to avail is available from Microsoft. They are giving you to the discount so they want to take your money, rather then getting whatever percentage of it, they get from shops. If you want a deal then check the sticky at the top of the forum or shop Irish and check out Gamesnash. : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056232568

And yes it's totally scamy. It's just like UPC and ESB, I wanted to partake of their services and I gave them my details and now they keep taking money off me. B*stards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

LIVE Subs and Games on Demand - Credit card or Prepaid cards for subs.

Points for everything else. If you dont want to keep getting charged call up and cancel the auto renew... simple really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Yeah - they want your credit card details if you sign up for this three month offer, and it will auto renew at the end of it. (Very sneaky and in the small print, something I noticed when I got the XBox first, so I always stuck with the prepaid Gold cards - which end up being cheaper anyway.
    Orim wrote: »
    You can't use points to buy anything that has an actual price on Xbox LIVE. This is memberships and games on demand.

You can actually use points for Games on Demand (I think you press 'Y' on the payment screen and it will allow you to pay with points), but they are still so over priced that makes it not worth the hassle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement