Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kittens

• 03-05-2011 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

I suppose its a great complaint that I can not find a female kitten in Dublin, People are obvious getting their cats neutered which is brilliant:)

But we have been looking for a female kiitten for 5 weeks now, checked the DSPCA, cataid, all our local vets. No joy :(
    We have checked online but the people are not as honest as i'd wish :confused:

If anyone knows anyone who has a kitten looking for a loving cosy home could you PM me :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

No female kittens?! Oh no, we want to get two! Hoping to get one in the DSPCA as they come vaccinated etc with a donation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

audreyp wrote: »
    No female kittens?! Oh no, we want to get two! Hoping to get one in the DSPCA as they come vaccinated etc with a donation!

I hope you have more luck then me! I'd be more then willing to pay for her :confused: I live in hope lol

Our local vet has two pregnant cats so thats an option but we definitely want two girl kittens, ideally tabby and white or grey! Though I'm sure we'll fall in love with any kittens we meet! Good luck on your hunt!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Sorry just want to know, why females specifically?

Well I have an established male cat so I believe he might be less threatened by females. Also I think female cats tend to stay around the house more than males. My male cat is neutered and he has been known to go awol for a couple of days. Though I do love my grumpy male cat he is definitely the man of the house!! :-)

• Advertisement

We started off with one male, now we have five males and two females in the house and the males are by far easier to get along with than the females. The two females hate each other though one of them seems to just hate everything on four legs anyway. My lot dont leave the garden for very long at all, but maybe I just got lucky with them (have to be really careful though because one has decided that he loves jumping out of the second storey windows!!). If someone asked me whether to get a male or female though, i would always say a male- they're definitely way more affectionate than the females.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Smeefa

One of the cats in cats aid in dublin is pregnant so kittens will be looking for homes in a few months

http://www.catsaid.org/adopt_a_cat/adopt_cat.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

audreyp wrote: »
    Well I have an established male cat so I believe he might be less threatened by females. Also I think female cats tend to stay around the house more than males. My male cat is neutered and he has been known to go awol for a couple of days. Though I do love my grumpy male cat he is definitely the man of the house!! :-)

I'd have to agree here, my male cat does tend to wander a bit but the female is a real hang about the house cat.
    I can't believe you can't get a female kitten!

My cat's sister was killed a few weeks ago on the road since then he has been really affectionate. Normally though it was his sister who used to sit on me and welcome me home from work. I miss her but want to give new kittens a home. Op if you come across any kittens not suitable for you please let me know.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Someone in works cat had 4 black and white kittens last week, so they wont be ready to go for awhile. If interested ill ask him tomorrow how many he has left for rehoming if you like.

• Advertisement

Shanao wrote: »
    Sorry just want to know, why females specifically?

Because I have a male cat and hes a moody git like all men :D lol

I would like a female cat cos they tend to stay around a bit more and not wonder off :)

anniehoo wrote: »
    Someone in works cat had 4 black and white kittens last week, so they wont be ready to go for awhile. If interested ill ask him tomorrow how many he has left for rehoming if you like.

Oh that would be fantastic if you could i'd be really grateful :)

Looks like we got really lucky with our males then. Though our first is so placid, he actually mothers all the other cats. Must be his influence rubbing off on all the rest.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Goldenegg

My female cat is such a home bird. Never ever leaves our back garden and sits on our window sill all day. The cat we had before her was male and as said above, used to wander! I remember when I was a kid and he went missing, I was devastated. I drew missing cat posters with a drawing of a multi coloured cat! Poor snowy was White, but he came back eventually! Lo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

You could try Ash animal rescue in Wicklow,

It would definitely be worth a phone call first and if they have what your looking for I'm sure you wont mind the drive if your based in Dublin, that's where I got my guy from!
    He came fully neutered and he was priced as free but they would generally like a donation if your able. also came with 3 months free pet insurance

I had a quick look at the website they say they have a cat and two kittens but didn't specify the gender of the kittens. Also don't know how long its been since that section of the site has been updated.

Phone: 059 647 3396 (From Outside The Republic: +353 59 6473396)
    Email: ashlm@eircom.net
    ASH Animal Rescue, Cornan, Kiltegan, Co.Wicklow, Ireland. OPENING HOURS: Monday – Thursday 2pm – 5pm , Friday *CLOSED* , Saturday – Sunday 2pm – 5pm

http://www.ashanimalrescue.com/ash/

Justask wrote: »
    Oh that would be fantastic if you could i'd be really grateful :)
    PM'd you his number. He lives near Trim in Meath. They're only a week old so they wont be ready to go until at least the end of June.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

I suppose its a great complaint that I can not find a female kitten in Dublin, People are obvious getting their cats neutered which is brilliant:)

But we have been looking for a female kiitten for 5 weeks now, checked the DSPCA, cataid, all our local vets. No joy :(

If anyone knows anyone who has a kitten looking for a loving cosy home could you PM me :)

There is a place in Mullingar that has kittens.

For cat resuce please contact Geraldine at the Cry for Help Cattery under 04493-44667

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Ternure Vetinary Hospital has three female kittens looking for homes right now, you should give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Dunno if this is any help:
    Jervis Place Cats

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭JKM

I am housing a local stray (gorgeous little thing) at the minute who had 4 beautiful kittens on 21st April. We're planning on rehoming kittens around the 1st week of July and then getting mum spayed and releasing her.
    She had 3 girls, two tabby and one grey and white. And 1 black and white boy.
    I'm down the country a bit but would be more than willing to travel for the right home. I will be very particular and only want them going to really dedicated owners who will spay/nueter, vaccinate, worm/flea treat etc.
    OP (or anyone else) if you're interested PM me and I'll send pictures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

If you still want the female cat, I just came across an advert for 2 FREE kittens to a good home. One male, one female. They look gorgeous.

www.adverts.ie
    then click on free stuff

Kittens seller is based in Lucan, Dublin

For anyone whos following this thread....new post

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tanya1988

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

The Animal Welfare Clinic in Charlemount street have a few cats and kittens at the moment, the day I was in there a woman was returning one that she had adopted as she hadn't settled in the house :( Seemed like a beautiful cat, I wish my guy wasn't so aggressive I would have taken her in a heart beat!!

Hi folks, thanks for all the replies and help :)

This morning I got a call from my vet to ask was I still looking for a kitten. The poor man got a fright when I said YEAAA a little to loud :)

A 3 or 4 week kitten was left in with them yesterday and now we are:) the proud owners of the most gorgeous kitten ever :D

She has to be hand fed and very fragile but worth ever second of it :D

Thanks again folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭scarlet_mandy

Yay!! Congrats on the new kitten :) Pics??I can never resist a cute pet pic, it's my one vice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

I presume from the above your looking at other options apart from rescue??
    Theres plenty on-line, a lot from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Hi All if anyone is still looking for a Kitten this is my post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056259885

They are all still available free to a good home. We are totally in love with them all but with two other cats I cant keep them. I dont want to give the to a shelter because id rather know who they are going to.

My camera isn't working at the mo but i anyone is interested i can borrow one and post pics tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

Thanks Anniehoo for the link to my thread earlier.:D

Dusty87 wrote: »
    I presume from the above your looking at other options apart from rescue??
    Theres plenty on-line, a lot from Dublin.

There is a big queue for kittens in dspca, we're 30th on the queue!

• Advertisement

random 053.jpg

My first time to post pictures, hope it works

Advertisement