Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dtv trouble

Options
  • 03-05-2011 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have a grundig tv with built I dtv when got it last September I could get rtenl channels with sound and no picture so after some research i bought a neotion cam but now with or without the cam it cand get even the audio from rtenl however it does puck it up in the channel search any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Unfortunately you'll need a new TV or a STB that at least has MPEG4 DVB-T support or preferably a Saorview-branded TV/STB. The converter CAMs won't work for RTE2 at all and will have issues with the other channels depending on RTENL's settings or if the sound is AAC instead of MPEG2 etc. The other main channels will end up being moved to HD over the next couple of years if RTÉ's plans work out. Those Neonotion CAMs were always a hit-or-miss thing anyway. As for why it stopped working completely recently, it will be very hard to definitively find out why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

If you bought that TV last September as DTV capable it is clearly not as described if it can't get Saorview. Take it back for a refund under sale of goods act.

Advertisement