Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Atlantic bird 1

• 03-05-2011 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hello
    looking for some advice, i would like to setup a FTA system to pick up Atlantic Bird 1, i am living in midwest, is it possible to to pick up this satellite where i am? also what hardware would i require to do so.
    any help would be greatly appreciated. apologies for posting in other thread earlier,
    regards
    scan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭buggane

I am getting it fine (in the Isle of Man) with a 1 metre dish. Signal is 70%+ and Quality 60%+.

Not a Sat I visit much as there doesn't seem to be much there but just to make sure I have just scanned in several Italian channels on 12454V Ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 scan16c

buggane wrote: »
    I am getting it fine (in the Isle of Man) with a 1 metre dish. Signal is 70%+ and Quality 60%+.

Not a Sat I visit much as there doesn't seem to be much there but just to make sure I have just scanned in several Italian channels on 12454V Ok!
    thanks for reply, what LNB do you use? does the choice of LNB have much effect?
    thanks.
    scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭buggane

Smart Universal Single LNBF

Previously had an Invacom (I think) with a (slightly) larger dish and it was just the same the satellite signal strength is pretty good. It can drop a bit in really bad weather but not to the extent you lose pic.

Thanks buggane I'll look into getting 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

The minimum recommended dish size for Atlantic bird 1 is 90cm but a 1m dish might suit better if your very far west you can see a map of the beam here:
    http://www.satbeams.com/footprints?beam=5210

• You will need a dish that is >90cm (a bigger dish will give you a stronger signal and will be more flexible if you want to add extra LNB's for other satellites.)
    • Bracket & Hardware
    • An LNB (There will not be a huge difference in LNB's)
    • A Free To Air satellite receiver (there are many different types of these)
    • Cable
    How many rooms will you be feeding? Where will you be placing the dish? You will need to have a south facing wall.

• Advertisement

i hope to mount it on side of house,feeding one room,what satellite finder would you recommend?
    regards
    scan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Well if you're only going to be using it once realistically the only type you'll use is the Sat Beeper or similar type meter. It will do the job you'll just need a bit of patience and www.dishpointer.com

Advertisement