Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRISH GRANT FOR SCOTLAND?!

• 03-05-2011 5:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭louloubella

Hi there. Im an Irish student I have been accepted onto a two year MSc at Queen Margaret Uni in Edinburgh.
    I was in receipt of the full grant during the Undergrad in Ireland as my parents were means-tested. In theory I should get it throughout my education as long as I am progressing somehow but I would be interested to hear from any Irish students studying at postgraduate level in Scotland and how you managed to pay for your fees. Did anyone get the Irish grant for this?
    :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The grant/fees system in Ireland only covers the 32 counties at postgrad level :( Afaik the best potential sources of funding are here

I'm currently studying a MSc Edinburgh and received a substational scholarship from SAAS. There are a lot of scholarships available to EU students and not all of them require much effort to get.

It is worthwhile to spend a few hours looking at all the options available to you, either at QMU or through SAAS themsevles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭louloubella

Ill get the ball rolling so, are you at QMU?

Doing a joint MSc between University of Edinburgh and Heriot Watt. Have a few friends in QMU though, I'll ask them if they got grants or did they just apply to SAAS for funding.

Emmet. That would be wonderful. I am utterly confused!! Thank you !

• Advertisement

There is no SAAS Funding available for the course I am doing.

Is there anyway of getting a decent student loan to pay this the fees?

I also have a coure in the UK where there are no fees...the QMU seems much better though so I am torn!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BaaBoo

Is it difficult to get SAAS funding? I am going to QMU too and my course has been listed on SAAS as one of the ones that will get funding...I have been on to QMU and they said i have to be nominated by them so I'm not really sure how to proceed?

Also, where is the best place to live from QMU?I hear it is a good distnace from the city centre.

Advertisement