Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening dates ?

Options
  • 03-05-2011 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

My sister is coming home from australia at the end of the month with her new baby, we have other family overseas and and they will be arriving 2nd week in june we hope to have the christening then, the 11th of june is the only date we can do, we've tried donaghmede parish our local one and they cant accommadate also raheny and kilbarrack and same story

We dont mind where we hold it but it has to be on the 11th and on the north side of dublin

Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You would be best to contact the local priests directly. I don't know if they just publish dates for christenings. FWIW - The mention of a 'donation' may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Theres a nice little church in the airport - they might be a bit flexible.

From DAA website:

Religious Facilities
    The Dublin Airport Church, Our Lady Queen of Heaven, is located within the Dublin Airport complex, situated in its own grounds, just one minutes' walk from the Arrivals Hall through the Short-Term Car Park Atrium. The Catholic Church was opened in 1964 and the present chaplain is Father Des Doyle. He may be contacted at:

Telephone: +353 (0) 1 814 4340 or in the event of an emergency +353 (0) 1 844 7283

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

wow sierra wrote: »
    Theres a nice little church in the airport - they might be a bit flexible.

From DAA website:

Father Des Doyle. +353 (0) 1 814 4340

Fr Des a really nice man. Oh a Rush man I hasten to add

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

cheers guys the auld one gone it sorted

thanks

Advertisement