Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

41 dublin bus route to be cancelled

Options
  • 03-05-2011 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

My friend a dublin bus driver the last 10 years told me the 41 swords to town bus route is to be cancelled because of cutbacks, anyone else hear of this

I cant see a reason why he would tell me this if it wasnt true as he's a genuine guy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Sounds a bit mad, to be honest....is it not the only bus from Swords to town? And the main one? Surely they'd cut back on some of the others routes from Swords first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

actully it might be the 41a he said, i think thats the one that goes past applewood

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

luckyfrank wrote: »
    actully it might be the 41a he said, i think thats the one that goes past applewood

Well that was only running once or twice a day so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jamesbrond

What I heard was that its actually the 41C. But not cancelled. The number of buses will be reduced and it will not serve applewood anymore. There will be an increase in the number of 41A and another 41B per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

If its the 41c then its about bleedin time. Its just an annoyance to be standing on Swords main street waiting for your bus and seeing 41c after 41c fly by virtually empty. I can understand if its the 41.. because the majority of its passengers get off in the airport. But its not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

luckyfrank wrote: »
    My friend a dublin bus driver the last 10 years told me the 41 swords to town bus route is to be cancelled because of cutbacks, anyone else hear of this

I cant see a reason why he would tell me this if it wasnt true as he's a genuine guy

Ok first thing first, the 41 will not be cancelled there are plans to run the 41 directly into the city centre and by-pass the airport [Network Direct changes will have a part to play in this]

The 41C will not service the Manor post ND changes. It will follow its current alignment through River Valley, Swords Main Street and Applewood but instead of turning left at the second roundabout to go to the Manor it will simply turnaround at the round about and terminate at the stop after it.

Now I am open to correction on these plans and as with everything in DB it is subject to change. So dont take what I have said as gospel. Time will tell as to whether the above changes will take place.

Hope the clears up some of the confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

If its the 41c then its about bleedin time. Its just an annoyance to be standing on Swords main street waiting for your bus and seeing 41c after 41c fly by virtually empty. I can understand if its the 41.. because the majority of its passengers get off in the airport. But its not.

The majority of the 41C passengers get off in River Valley before it arrives down Main Street.

Advertisement